The Perfect Beer - On Tv Today At 2:30pm Aest

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feldon

caveat brasiator
Reaction score
FYI - Noticed this in the Melbourne TV guide for channel 7Mate at 3:00pm today (1 hr running time):

"Beer. It's one of the great Australian traditions, ingrained in our way of life. But what makes it so appealing? Join Andrew Daddo in a quest to find Tasmania's perfect beer."

Probably a re-run that was shown at an earlier date, but I never saw it so will tune in for a look.

(People in other localities should check their local TV guides if interested)

Edit: Sorry, I got the time of programme wrong in the title - its on at 3:00pm in Melb (not 2:30pm).

Thanks mate..... Programed to record. Glad its Andrew Daddo and not Andrew Gaze <_< :rolleyes:

Sweet it's on in Perth too.
Cheers for that

The info says "A quest to find Tasmanias perfect beer" should be interesting. Willie Simpson lives down there I think, wonder if he will appear

Very Good one of the better beer docos I have seen so far.

Makes me thirsty just watching it.

Holidays in Tassie.

Edit: just noticed it was made in 2010 so probably been screened before.

"There's a lot more chemistry going on in a beer than in a glass of wine."

I don't know, is that really true? I've never made wine.

That was one hellava tap set up.

Magical_Snap___2012.04.06_16.28___003.jpg

That's at the Cascade Brewery tasting/function room. I had my wedding reception there in Jan. Many beers were drunk(en) B)

That's at the Cascade Brewery tasting/function room. I had my wedding reception there in Jan. Many beers were drunk(en) B)

Belated congrats!

(hope the venue allowed you to souvenir one of those copper fonts)

Missed it (can only get the vanilla free to air stations on Foxtel, antenna is stuffed)
So what was the perfect beer?

Missed it (can only get the vanilla free to air stations on Foxtel, antenna is stuffed)
So what was the perfect beer?

I enjoyed it - stumpled upon by accident. I believe the show has aired previously only in Tasmania. Was sponsored by the featured brewerys - saw a number of beers that have not made it onto any of the bottleshop shelves I have visited.

The Two Metre Tall Brewery looks interesting. Also wouldnt mind tasting some from the honey brewery - it was mentioned they did not have any of the brewing equipment found in other brewerys, but did not go into this further.

Anyhow, hopefully this will be made available for those that missed it.

Caught the 2nd half. Wouldnt mind seeing it again. Probably the best perspective of any of these type of craftbeer shows Ive seen. Still, Daddo kept referring to the brewers as "eccentric". If thats the case bring on eccentric and live the dream. Looks like Tassie is a brewers Navana. Well worth a 2nd veiw.
Daz

Yep, I'm sure I'll eventually end up in my homeland.... It is much better brewery wise than up in QLD, and the bars/pubs almost all stock great local beers. Looking forward to heading back down at Xmas for a few beers and some Xmas dinner thing with the family (priorities!)

:p

Cheers

Apparently the Tasmanians are fleeing the Isle in their thousands so you'll get cheap real estate. There's concern that the number of surnames might drop from 18 to about 12 which could be genetically unsustainable :eek:

Hey Nick so that's where you got your signature lovely alabaster skin from - didn't know you were from the cooler climes. When you never get a sunburn till you are 20, and when you step out of the door it's like being sprayed in the face with cold cream it helps you to keep younger looking for life :)

Ha, that from a Pom is more than comical :p

And I'll have you know, my Ukranian and Lithuanian heritage affords me both the ability to survive in the deathly cold weather of Hobart, AND the ability to tan heartily when the sun comes up and the cows are confused (AKA Daylight Savings!)...... :p

I'll make sure I wear my sunnies next time I'm at yours. Wouldn't want a flash burn from your skin Michael.... :ph34r:

EDIT: Already have my 'cheap' real estate from a few years back.... If I'm ever poverty-stricken I'll move back in...!

Haahaaha... was thinking the same Nick, but there is a reason you're both in QLD white boys.
Todays forecast: 30*, Blue skys, 4 day week end, good beer, seafood, freinds...................say no more.
Daz

Back