The Norfolk Hotel Fremantle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayse

Black Label Society
Reaction score
Not a review as such but more a heads up for stout lovers.

Brewboys - Ace Of Spades went on tap at the Norfolk this week, its a pretty exclusive batch being a bigger stout again to what you would have found in the bottles over there and is only availible at the Norfolk on tap (or on tap at the celler door in S.A.).

So if your up to it get down there and let us all know what you think, I see there is no review on AHB about this place yet so would be interested in hearing what W.A people spoilt for choice for beer places think.

The accommodation looks nice and cheap too so its looking like a good option to stay when I get back there with some mates for a beer weekend.

Link to webpage

Cheers
Jayse (big Spades drinker and friend of the boys)

The Norfolk is a fantastic pub... great vibe and always something you want to drink on tap! Food not to bad either!

Took in few beers here on Sat, with Pistol Patch.
Really impressed, that they now have a wide range of craft beer of tap,
Strangely enough there was still alot of Mad brewers Noir (Very good), or Moo Brew Impy stout (not much better than the noir)to get through before the ace of spade got tapped,
Will certianly go back there soon, they also has Brewdog's Zeitgeist on tap,
certianly a good place to visit, overall possibly more inspired than the last visit to clancy's

Sounds goood!

Didn't the Noir only get released last week?

dont know but it sure beats the hell out of the shite beers they have released recently,

That sounds cool, I wondered why there wasn't a thread on the Norfolk here already when I heard the Spades was following on from the Moo Brew, you would think Moo Brew stout on tap would rate a mention even in your spoilt for beer part of the country.

It seems in the past it didn't rate as highly but katies and Sinkas review there says it all.
I'd drink there, even with Pistol Patch ;)

I made the mistake of ordering a pint of the limeburner stout @ the norfolk on Saturday night, diacetyl dot com as case would say....

On tap 8th September:

Handpumped Doombar Bitter
Ace of Spades Stout
James Squires Porter
Tanglehead Stout
Kosciusko Pale Ale
Mad Brewers Noir Stout

We just recently sent more kegs of Ace Of Spades along with GTS, Galactic, King Brown and Maiden over to the Norfolk if anyone is interested, can't really tell you which will be on when as I don't know but the beer is there for all to enjoy.

Cheers
Jayse

Latest posts

Back