The Next Little Creatures Small Batch

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brend0

Reaction score
I did post this in the other little creatures thread but thought it was worthy of its own thread.

I received an email from my little creatures rep the other day asking if I was interested in purchasing kegs of their next small batch when it is ready, of course my answer was yes.

.. " In keeping with Single Batch's direction of beingexploratory of unique and interesting beer styles, the upcoming release is aspiced "Christmas" (winter) ale. The beer itself is very rich in flavour with pronouncedcinnamon, nutmeg and Allspice and is very strong alcohol wise at just under 9%alc/vol. THAT'S RIGHT... 9%!!! "

This sounds delicious! :beer:

sounds good, did they give any time frame indication. one would think christmas time but sounds like a cold weather beer to me.

Xmas in july? Cant imagine them doing this in summer.

I don't like the use of the word "pronounced" next to a list of spices.

I recently got to try an '09 vintage Anchor Christmas Ale and it was absolutely awesome.

Perhaps this is one to keep for a while if you have the capacity.

Spiced beer always scared me off...until I tried Brewdog's "No Such Thing As Santa" and YUM!!!

Spiced beer always scared me off...until I tried Brewdog's "No Such Thing As Santa" and YUM!!!

I did not enjoy this - overpowering nutmeg. I tend to agree with the Belgian principle with regard to spices in beer: if you can identify them specifically, you're doing it wrong.

It could be end of the month, and 30L kegs are making the rounds in Perth for growler fills.

Back