The New Home Bar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gout

Bentleigh Brau Haus
Reaction score
The photo gal. is not ready so i though i would post a few pics of my home made bar, finally finished and now finally chilled woo hoo

without the cost of taps, the bar was built under $100, I was lucky to have some of the wood, but just shows howmuch you save doing it yourself!

bar.jpg

bar_016.jpg

thats pretty awesome mate. Do you have much wood working experience? Just wondering how much of a guru i might have to be to pull off something similar

I am not a tradesman but i have played with cars welders and build that very building. However i learnt it all on the fly..

Its not hard, just need to think logical about it and wamo !

this was the room prior to the bar, it was a shed to start with.

p.s for confidence, i am only 24 yrs young and a electronics tech. So dont hold back give it a go! :super:

Room.jpg

Very Impressive, something very similar to what I want to build... one day

Where are the kegs kept?

The kegs are keeps near the bar in a fridge, i am at work so this is the only photo i have

there is 2 fridges, the one thats hard to see is kegs and frozen liquid for the taps / hops / yeast

the bigger one is for "food" but is full of more hops yeast and heaps of beer glasses stubbies hehe

(i think i have issues)

bar_014.jpg

Nice, I'm sure a drink or 10 will be drunk in this room.....

Very Impresive Gout...

Is alot of that stuff sourced from GMKenterprises....

You could have given me a plug..... :D

yes ken they are your taps, handles, drip tray and even one of the bar mats, I always said i would post pics once it was finished :) and its taken so long because i had to build the room after i bought all the goodies :) talk about back to front prioritys hehe

And more than 10.... drinks were down'd at the "bar opening stage one"

next is the taps on temp control (inc the chilled liquid)

stage 3 is under the bar is to be my temp controlled area for the fermentors keeping all beer related things in that one area.

All that is after the new brewery frame and setup

if only i put this much effort into study :)

that's awesome, I too have some goodies from ken, and will hopefully put them to good use once I have a bar.... feeling inspired now..

actually, I dug up an _OLD_ readers digest , DIY book, a hand me down from the olds, id has a section in there on building a bar.... time to 'hop' to it..

That looks the good's gout

I have almost finished mine as well not quite as flash as yours, keep up the good work.

Picture_129.jpg

Gout said:
yes ken they are your taps, handles, drip tray and even one of the bar mats, I always said i would post pics once it was finished :) and its taken so long because i had to build the room after i bought all the goodies :) talk about back to front prioritys hehe

And more than 10.... drinks were down'd at the "bar opening stage one"

next is the taps on temp control (inc the chilled liquid)

stage 3 is under the bar is to be my temp controlled area for the fermentors keeping all beer related things in that one area.

All that is after the new brewery frame and setup

if only i put this much effort into study :)
[post="48555"][/post]​

Too easy - glad it looks the goods - cant wait until i am up your way to sit down and have one or 10....

:super:

Bat said:
That looks the good's gout

I have almost finished mine as well not quite as flash as yours, keep up the good work.
[post="48565"][/post]​

Bat. You reckon your's doesn't look flash ?? :eek:

You need to adjust your beer goggles. Looks pretty awesome from where I'm looking. :super:

Warren -

Betcha it was a Sunday too.... B)

How do I know? (no I wasn't one of the drunks). Looking at the television it has the 3 placegetters from the Melbourne Grand Prix on it.

Brilliant detective work Warren have a free beer! :lol: :party:

Warren -

Great bar Gout, looks like you have put a lot of work into it :super: .

Bat that looks great, almost the same as mine, only yours is bigger, top stuff. :p

bar.JPG

Great work guys, :) You might want a pot belly in yours Bat not the A/C unit I see in Gouts...
:cheers: bunyip

Looks flash to me as well Bat...( Bat ) funny name??

Batz :ph34r:

Back