The Lovely Colour Of My Tap Water Today....

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maheel

Reaction score
was planning a brew night tonight i was filling a bucket for a plant and saw this.... :icon_vomit:
the picture is not as yellow brown as the actual water

normally my tap water is quite good looking

might have go buy 30L of water :(

and just drink beer all day to be safe :)

IMG_20121218_095310.jpg

was planning a brew night tonight i was filling a bucket for a plant and saw this.... :icon_vomit:

Where abouts are you? Do you have a broken water main in the neighbourhood at the moment???

hawthorne BNE

i looked up the street and looks fine but must be an issue nearby i reckon

Just throw some hops in, it already looks like an apa :icon_drunk:

Where abouts are you? Do you have a broken water main in the neighbourhood at the moment???
Our water looked like that one night fairly recently, but by the next morning it was all OK again, when I rang the water-company they said it was caused by a broken main not too far from here.

Our water looked like that one night fairly recently, but by the next morning it was all OK again, when I rang the water-company they said it was caused by a broken main not too far from here.

I did a brewday with a bunch of other brewers at my place and the mains delivered a similar effort on the day.
Oh the derision (bastards).
Still the beers brewed were drinkable.

Same here Maheel ,the water looked like that a while ago but cleared up the next day.

I'm in Brisbane's inner north and I've had similar colours coming from my taps on my last 2 brew days, however after running the taps for a good 5 or 10 mins or seems to clear up.... Don't know what's causing it, but I'm glad my landlord pays water usage!

G'day fellas,

A little off topic but do you think there would be any benefit in using natural spring fed water for brewing? I have access to some pretty amazing water sources in the Central Highlands down here in Tas but do you think there would be any noticable difference?

Just a thought..

i ran a second bucket 1hr after that pic and it was a lot worse with big chunks of crap in it

urban cowboys (utilities) came out and flushed the mains and left a card in my mail box

water looks much better

but i am going to run the hose a while this arvo to clean out the lines into the yard

Maheel, what are those urban cowboys you speak of:

Google reveals all sorts of weird results, but none that would match your description.

:icon_offtopic:
G'day fellas,

A little off topic but do you think there would be any benefit in using natural spring fed water for brewing? I have access to some pretty amazing water sources in the Central Highlands down here in Tas but do you think there would be any noticable difference?

Just a thought..

Haven't you seen the Boags ads?

youre lucky. in Adelaide we dream about water like that. looks triple filtered to me :]

brew a coopers clone. should hit that muddy river water flavour profile that needed.

http://www.urbanutilities.com.au/

lol this mob of over paid time wasters... they charge us heaps for some dirty water...

but i do appreciate that they get rid of the stinky brown stuff...

Come to the Bay my friend..............closer to CB and our own supply fresh and sand filtered from straddy.......ahhh the serenity!

G'day fellas,

Just a thought..

If I had spring fed water as an easy source I'd be using it!

Water is the major ingredient in beer, so it can make a good difference. The only thing if you are making AG you would need to get it analyzed, and adjust the number as needed.

QldKev

Back