• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

The lot has to go !

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bazzab

Reaction score
Hi all,
Have been given the directive - it all has to go.... so I am selling all my home brewing gear.
I am hoping to be able to sell it all in one hit, so I think I've priced it to move quickly.
I'll break it down into 3 sections and that might make it more saleable. So here goes..

Brewing..
I built a Brau clone some time ago using all stainless fittings and it has produced some great beers. Also have the Braudino controller but only tested it to ensure it worked OK. It was all on an old BBQ trolly and it can go with the lot.
The photos tell the best story. I am looking for $700.00 for all this.
Brew Controller #2.JPGBrew Controller #3.JPGBrewing recirculating pump & plumbing #2.JPGExtra SS Fitting & Tap #2.JPGInner Pot & lower filter - Copy.JPGInner pot upper filter locking bars.JPGInner Pot upper filter plates.JPGOuter Pot.JPGOuter Por 2.JPGSilicone Hoses and fittings for brewing.JPGStir Plate.JPG

Fermenting
We have a Beer filter with stand, a 23l Better Bottle with tap, racking adapter and cleaning wand, Old fridge which was used as a fermenting chamber including the heat/chill temperature controller, Refractometer and hydrometer. I'm looking for around $230.00 for this lot.
Beer Filter #2.JPGBetter bottle fermenter, Tap & cleaning rod.JPGFermending Fridge.JPGFermenting Fridge controller.JPGRefractometer & Hydrometer.JPG

Kegging
I have three kegs but only ever used 2 of them which always held pressure and I reckon the third one would too. There are a heap of keg bits and pieces like posts, poppets and o rings as will.
The CO2 bottle is a Keg King 2.6KG with a regulator and necessary air line, one way valve and quick disconnect. It was purchased in Sept '09.
There is also a Fischer & Paykel freezer "tucker box type" that fits the two kegs and other bits. It also has a temperature controller.
There is a Perlick 650 SS flow control tap with handle, shank, beer line and quick disconnect.
There is also an old beer tap, spare quick disconnects and gas line fittings.
Wanting to get $420.00 for this lot.
F & P Freezer #2.JPG
F & P Freezer #3.JPGF & P Freezer #1.JPGKeg #3.JPGKeg King 2.6 co2 bottle #2.JPGKeg King 2.6 co2 bottle #1.JPGPerlick 650 SS flow control tap.JPGOld Beer Tap.JPGKeg Posts.JPG

There is also a submersible wort chiller, couple of books, other tubing and beer line, a couple of other smaller pots and part used cleaners, sanitizers and the likes that can go as well.
If anybody wants the lot, I'll sell it all for $1,000.00 and should be able to help out with delivery around Brisbane. I am in Petrie on the northside of Brisbane.
Thanks heaps and hopefully all this gear will be back in use soon!!

Cheers
Bazza

If you'll separate, I'm interested in the kegging stuff, but without the freezer. I have sent a PM.

Judging by the brewing gear, it's either a correto or a very souped up popcorn maker. :p

Thanks all who have responded and sent PMs.

I have to find the wort chiller (it is in the storage shed) and photograph it. It is a home made jobbie made of copper tube and garden hose with normal hose connector on one end and other open. Perhaps I've named it incorrectly - sorry if I did.

Brewnoo Marz, I'll respond to your PM now.

Insenstate, I'll put up some more pics of the Brau clone this evening. Sorry but I'm not sure what you want too see. How it all goes together?

Maheel, Yes I do roast coffee and have been doing it for many years. I use a fluid bed roaster that I made which is controlled by Roastlogger using an Arduino. I roast 650gms of green to give me around 540gms roasted. If you like I'll post some pics soon.

Peteru, Hey are you taking the piss? My brewing gear is not that bad is it? Never roasted in a breadmaker and I had a popcorn popper when I first started roasting in '07, upgraded (?) to a Behmor in '11 and then on the path of fluidbed a few years ago and love it. What about you?

Cheers all
Bazza

:icon_offtopic:

BazzaB said:
Maheel, Yes I do roast coffee and have been doing it for many years. I use a fluid bed roaster that I made which is controlled by Roastlogger using an Arduino. I roast 650gms of green to give me around 540gms roasted. If you like I'll post some pics soon.

Peteru, Hey are you taking the piss? My brewing gear is not that bad is it? Never roasted in a breadmaker and I had a popcorn popper when I first started roasting in '07, upgraded (?) to a Behmor in '11 and then on the path of fluidbed a few years ago and love it. What about you?
Not taking the piss. I was trying to imply that you seem like the person who would build something rather than buy an off the shelf solution. It sounds like I was on the right track, but you skipped the "intermediate" projects and went all out on the roasting setup. I'd love to see your rig. Rest assured that it puts my popcorn maker to shame. I have capacity to do about 100g of green beans at a time. I usually do about 3x100g in one session, which lasts me about 7-10 days. I briefly looked at the Behmor, but there's a lot of things I don't really like.

I'd like to have a setup that does about 250-500g at a time, with full temperature profile, including cooling. Good temperature control seems to be a recurring theme in a lot of things - BBQ, brewing, coffee roasting... I've been keeping an eye out on SmartPID, which seems like a nice solution for temp control. It would be nice if it could be adapted for a quick plug-n-go use, where you can move the controller from one rig to another.

love to see pics of the roaster

I am a basic corretto user, but have not been roasting recently and going store bought....
recent increase in my goto bean has me heading back to roasting.

been also dreaming of making a 2kg roaster.... have equipment but not enough time...

Latest posts

Back