The Kimberly Echo - Front Page, July 15

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamboat

Fantasy Brewer
Reaction score
i hope you can all read this text at this size....

The_News_crop.jpg

northern drink drivers are a very persistent bunch.it happens up my way now and again but not with that many offences against one car.
story in the paper recently of a car pulled over because it was weaving .found it had no steering wheel but a pair of vice grips instead doing the job. :blink:
another one of what appeared to be a small under aged driver.when the car was pulled over the driver was sitting on a flour tin as it had no front seat.

cheers
big d

Hehe, I saw that one with the guy using vice grips instead of a steering wheel. Nicely done... :)

Original story a bit of a worry though!

Thats crazy!

Reminds me of a story from when I was taxi driving. I picked up a guy in a street, next to a car. Apparently he was a passenger (he had no licence), and his mate was picked up for drink driving. I took him home to pick up his girlfriend, who had been drinking, but she though she was ok to drive, and dropped them back at the car. They were worried about leaving the car in the middle of nowhere, fearing it would be stolen.

About 3 hours later I get a call to pick people up at the police station. And out wanders the original guy, the passenger and his girlfriend. Apparently what happened was the police had been watching out for the car, and had picked up the girlfriend for DD once she started driving, then 15 minutes later picked up the boyfriend for unlicenced and DD, when he was trying to get it home.

So that was 4 charges on one night, not a bad effort.

Back