The Hunt For Voille - Adelaide......

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

einnebcj

Reaction score
Anyone know where to source Polyester Swiss Voile in Adelaide? I've called 2 Spotlight stores and both claim not to have it (except in cotton) and went into one of those stores to look for myself - found quite a lot of material in the curtain section that looked like what I've seen here on the forums (shiny/porous etc) but the tags made no mention of Voile........

Evening Einnebcj,
You can definitely get it at spotlight. I can't give you the exact codes, but it's in the curtain section and is polyester. I saw it at the Modbury store when I was getting some coarser stuff for the Braumeister system I'm building. I currently BIAB and got the proper stuff your after from Spotlight a couple of years back.

Good luck on your search.

BB

Evening Einnebcj,
You can definitely get it at spotlight. I can't give you the exact codes, but it's in the curtain section and is polyester. I saw it at the Modbury store when I was getting some coarser stuff for the Braumeister system I'm building. I currently BIAB and got the proper stuff your after from Spotlight a couple of years back.

Good luck on your search.

BB

The codes would be great!

The staff at Spotlight are your typical megastore staff - they'd rather say "we don't have that" than say "I'm not sure if we have that" because they are on shit wages and, well, are working in Spotlight.

Go in there and kick up a shitstorm. Insist that their prettiest 19 year old store assistant see to you RIGHT NOW because you have some GORGEOUS ladies to dress and you MUST HAVE some Ivory Swiss Voile ... DHAAAAAARLINGS.

Nah mate, it's in the curtain section. Don't listen to the staff they're idiots.

BTW - someone posted the label here a while back. Anyone know where that image is? The search function is like finding voile at spotlight.

Damn - that was wicked fast.

The lesson we have all learned here in this thread is it's better to ask than search.

Schweeeeet.

Damn - that was wicked fast.

The lesson we have all learned here in this thread is it's better to ask than search.

Schweeeeet.

funny you say that. Out of interest i typed into the google search " swiss voile barcode" and the thread i linked came up first.
Would have been quicker than me looking though my uploaded pics!

funny you say that. Out of interest i typed into the google search " swiss voile barcode" and the thread i linked came up first.
Would have been quicker than me looking though my uploaded pics!

I typed in swiss voile tag. And got lots of sexy Indian women wearing saris.

I have a bag and a bunch of the fabric you can have for free. Have just moved on from BIAB.

I live in Blair Athol.

Fine to use this stuff for hop socks as well? What lengths do you use for the bags?

i have some hop socks made from voile.they about the size of a standard envelope.i bought my material from "lincraft".

Fine to use this stuff for hop socks as well? What lengths do you use for the bags?
you can but it blocks up pretty quick.
better to get one of these from ross.
very well made with a large rigid opening, i suspend mine with a large cable tie and hang off my stirring paddle (sitting on top of kettle)

I have a bag and a bunch of the fabric you can have for free. Have just moved on from BIAB.

I live in Blair Athol.

Thanks bookworm. I live up in the Hills and don't get down your way too often. I'll give Spotlight another go and if I have no luck Ill be in contact!
Thanks to all for the help.
Chris

Hey Chris, I got mine from spotlight mt barker. IIRC it was in the fabric section on the wall closest to the door on the LHS around waist height.
It may have moved since then and my memory may be a little off but they do have it.

Cheers

Robbo

Latest posts

Back