The Hive Bar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim_Levet

Reaction score
I have been enjoying the range of beers the Hive has on tap for a while now. Very low on Beer Miles.
Only about $4.50 a schooner which is great value when compared to what others are charging up the street.
Good pizza's & friendly staff who are actually interested in the beers they sell.

The Hive Bar
93 Erskineville Rd, Erskineville NSW 2043
(02) 9519 9911‎
thehivebar.com.au

Have fun
James

Hmmm. I might just have to investigate. Beers sound OK, and I am interested to try the Pils, but not interesting enough to keep me unless it is a killer atmosphere.

All my mates that live in the area love the place, I use to live 2 Min's down the road before I moved to Melb's, I miss Erko!!! :unsure: but I was back there last weekend havin a beer at the Erko pub, they still have a good range of beers and a good pub vibe. Try the pizza shop over the road, best I've ever had!! and on a cold winter night they use to deliver it down the street to my house :rolleyes: Happy days!!! Pizza guy's called Milano, looks like he's straight out of a penthouse mag! top bloke but. :D

Have a couple for me next time...

Sam

Hmmm. I might just have to investigate. Beers sound OK, and I am interested to try the Pils, but not interesting enough to keep me unless it is a killer atmosphere.

My GF had birthday drinks there a few weeks back. Atmosphere was generally relaxed, cafe style, sort of deal. A little bit too "trendy" & small for my liking... perhaps it had something to do with the party of 15-20 people we tried cramming in there :rolleyes:
Overall I enjoyed it & would be happy to stop in for a beer & pizza again.
St Peters Pils was probably the highlight beer for me.. nothing ground breaking, very similar to their Blonde but with a tad more hop presence.

This place is not far from my house & I love it! Since the erko no longer has LCBA on tap it's about the only place to get a decent beer at reasonable prices in erko/newtown....

The Erskineville pilsner is delicious! As are most of their on-tap ales, but I keep going back for the pilsner... The 'trendy' factor depends on when you go. They draw in the "suits" coming off the trains on wed - fri evenings, but on weekends it's generally very casual & relaxed...

I went there once. If I am honest, I am not very keen on any of the St Peters beers bar their stout, they all taste very POR-ey. I even drink them locally reasonably often (Golden Barley is somewhere I haunt every now and then). I quite enjoyed the Sharers Lager. Overall I am glad it is there, I prefer it to the other choices in town, but I usually just follow the crowd with ambivalence, wishing I had homebrew.

Back