The Henson (marrickville, sydney)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hb-mum

Reaction score
anyone know much about the old Henson Park Hotel reopening soon???

your first post, hello hb-Mum,
appariently its going to be a 'Gastro' pub, I've had gastro, didnt like it :)

hb-mum said:
anyone know much about the old Henson Park Hotel reopening soon???
i see you registered today and this is your first post, i feel that there is lots you would like to tell us about the henson reopening :D

nope, I am not affiliated. just needed to start a post somewhere... :)

it's just a local pub that's been closed a while.... just wondering....

Aw man.

If that joint opens with a good tap selection, I am seriously jealous. Cool little pub tucked away a bit.

Seeing as I used to be reduced to the odd drink at the Royal Exchange and even at the Alexander the Great Greek/Macedonian club, Marrickville is on the up.

Look up the "Henson marrickville" on Facebook, they've got a page thingy with constant updates. Re-Opening sometime in May I think.

Another one to add to the list this year.

Im keen to see what the Newtown social club looks like also.. The old Sandringham hotel. Live music venues are always a great place for a beer........

I'm not the world's most perceptive fellow, but I lived on the other side of the park diagonally (the end of Centennial Street) for a year, and never knew it existed. Marrickville is weird like that.

[SIZE=medium]Had lunch at this joint last weekend, it was packed full of inner westies and their kids wearing Birkenstocks , (that includes me)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]On tap they had a couple of locals, a Young Henrys Ale, a lager from St Peters brewery, also S&W Pacific Ale, CPA, and Minimum Chips, an oddly conceived and tasting golden lager from Matilda Bay,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Food was pretty good, I had a knuckle sandwich, perhaps an ode to the Newtown jets [/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back