The Grainfather

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HBHB said:
Certainly not as cheap as you could put it together yourself. But, Re-wholesaled weighed, Packaged as they are to have a decent shelf life and freighted to LHBS so they can be used by Brewers not quite up to speed with how to do it cheaper on their own, don't know how or where to source ingredients or off the major freight routes, they're reasonably priced since nobody works for a bowl of rice here. It's just one way to get a recipe together in a hurry if needed.
Buying off , one of the online sellers in your state probably easier , cheaper and fresher .

Because I've had too many and it's XMas Day, I can't be arsed searching. Is anyone kind enough to list the Aus Distributors of the Grainfather here?

slcmorro said:
Because I've had too many and it's XMas Day, I can't be arsed searching. Is anyone kind enough to list the Aus Distributors of the Grainfather here?
Pretty much nearly any bricks and mortar HBS will be able to source them mate.

Or do you want the wholesale distributors?

Funny old 3V systems are a thing of the past, remember some that had a HERMS thing attached to it as well? 4V :lol: :lol:

They worked but so antiquated these days.

img-thing.jpg

Bradsbrew/Buck_Star

Congrats on your new systems, liking what I've heard about the GF.

May I ask what is the diameter of the central overflow pipe? 15 or 22mm or bigger?

Thanks. Aamcle

As a BM owner - a question to others who run a BM - would you consider selling up and getting one of these?

I think my Braumeister is a nicer piece of kit, much simpler and more programmable, so I wouldn't sell it.

Having said that, it's not 2.5x as good, if the grainfather was around when I bought my braumeister, I think I would have saved my coin and gotten the grainfather.

Crusty said:
I think the GF is a good concept but it has a way to go to be as user friendly as the German Godfather :lol: :lol:

:icon_chickcheers: :icon_cheers:

dicko said:
I think the GF is a good concept but it has a way to go to be as user friendly as the German Godfather :lol: :lol:

:icon_chickcheers: :icon_cheers:
I haven't seen one in the flesh so I can't really give an honest opinion but what little of it I have seen, it looks ok & certainly a step up from the Urn if you want the step mashing capabilities. Sure, you can do anything in the Urn as well but it's a darn site harder doing it manually. The price point is pretty good & it's not going to make less of a beer than the more expensive BM but I'm with the boys from Germany on this one. The BM has a very accurate temp control unit, I like the malt pipe, I now have both sizes & the workmanship is pretty awesome. Is it worth an extra couple of grand???? Probably not but I'm stoked that I own one.
It all boils down to what you can afford really & the reviews on the GF seem pretty positive.

If urns are $300-400, then I reckon the grainfather is a bargain. [SIZE=14.1666660308838px]Comes with temp control, and a chiller - you'd have to be pretty skint to use an[/SIZE] urn for BIAB now.

tiprya said:
If urns are $300-400, then I reckon the grainfather is a bargain. [SIZE=14.16px]Comes with temp control, and a chiller - you'd have to be pretty skint to use an[/SIZE] urn for BIAB now.
And so, in the final days of the fourteenth year of the new millennium the Urn Wars began...

R2 Urn2?

Had a chat with the owner of the LHBS yesterday morning, he will have one in stock shortly....

So, the only question in my mind, do i buy one now, or wait six months and see if they bring out any more flash options....Hmmm.

Cheers.

Am I right in assuming that there are no units anywhere left for sale in Aus at the moment?

slcmorro said:
Am I right in assuming that there are no units anywhere left for sale in Aus at the moment?
Sunbury home brew has one for sale in store.

Back