The GoldCLUB Infomation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tricache

Brewer/Gamer/Nerd
Reaction score
Well after a few people have asked about our "little" club down here on the Gold Coast I thought I would post up some details so members of AHB who want to come along and see what its about can!

We all know that the coast is a popular holiday location but the craft beer scene is pretty terrible so the club meetings make it easy for people looking for that craft beer experience to have a few beers, see one of the major craft brewerys in QLD and meet a few new faces.

All info about us, the who, the where, the when ect!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-GoldCLUB/387980561281381

Where: Burleigh Brewing Co.
Date: Second Friday of every month
Time: 6pm-9pm.
Cost: $5 per meeting (you also go into the draw in our raffle for a few homebrews to take home)

If you are up our way and find yourself with nothing to do on a Friday and there is a GoldCLUB meeting, come on down and say HI!!

Hey Guys,

Does anyone head down to the club meets from or through the ashmore area? I have another 16 months to go with no licence and cant really see myself walking the distance. I would love to come to some meetings and am happy to chuck in for fuel. I have just started getting into home brewing again after 2 years and would be keen to hone my skills.

Yep, you just added me :-D

I just threw a mongrel style toucan together to use up old kit cans I had laying around. I wanted to get some practice in and get cannon fodder stockpiled before getting into more pricey batches haha. Just before I pitched I realised I have lost my hydrometer lol so I am relying on an old spreadsheet for OG.

Ended up using 1 can coopers cerveza and one can aust pale ale with 1kg BE2 to 24L. Only had one yeast pack so pitched at 28 deg to fire it up quicker, should get it down to below 20 deg within 6 hrs. The spreadsheet tells me its gonna be a 32 btu blonde ale/light american pale ale cross.

Not sure how it will go but hopefully its drinkable. The cans were 6 months before their use by date so hopefully ok. A day 2; 25g dry hopped cascade (I lurv cascade) should hide some of the muck bwahahaha. Anyway, I consider it a free batch cause it was all ingredients I already had so its no real loss if it fails. I will visit my LHBS this afternoon and get ready for a better batch next week :-D

Cant wait to learn from some more experienced souls though. I got up to extract brewing last time and got my bittering down pretty nice, but was far from where I would like to be.

Back