The Gold Coast Local United Brewers!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damien13

Reaction score
The GoldCLUB is a new Home Brew Club on the Gold Coast that meets on the 2nd Friday of every Month at the Burleigh Brewing Co.

Our Meeting times are 6-9pm.

Any questions, please email [email protected] or call 0402 888 553.

Cheers!

The GoldCLUB is a new Home Brew Club on the Gold Coast that meets on the 2nd Friday of every Month at the Burleigh Brewing Co.

Cheers!
I'll expect to see you guys take on those upstarts from Ipswich at next years QABC ;)

Damien has done a great job getting the club off the ground.

I'd just like to encourage all the less experienced brewers like myself to come along and not be shy. You will learn a lot and have your eyes opened to some great beer styles. (I think Damiens AIPA on tap is one of the best beers I've tried, and that dry stout wasn't bad either :) )

The conversation and company at the first meeting was great along with the great beers.

Make sure you get along.

Damian.

Good Afternoon GoldCLUB members!

Here is a proposal for our remaining meeting activities for 2012. As we are a new club, feel free to just come along and enjoy tasting each others beers. HOWEVER, we are mindful of the fact that many beer clubs fade quickly into obscurity when they rely on social gathering alone to fuel attendance. So, with that in mind, here are some sweet monthly activities that the more beer adventurous among us can sink our teeth into!

October 12th Meeting

Taste-Off

Just like the John Woo Classic 'Face Off', this will be a challenge that will involve whoever wants to take part, bringing a beer that belongs to a Style (eg Aussie Pale Ale, APA, Stout etc etc) and then all of us trying to match the mystery beers to their styles.
eg. If the pool consisted of an APA, Stout, English Bitter and IPA- we would have match these styles to the 'mystery jugs' of beer. So, Jug 1 is APA, Jug 2 is IPA, Jug 3 is stout and so on.

The member who gets the most points wins something awesome... If there is a tie, the comp will go to sudden death and no, this doesn't involve the BlackUhlans ;)

November 9th Meeting

Attack of the Clones

Just like Episode II, this month's meeting will involve those who wish to take part, cloning a beer and bringing along a longneck (or two stubbies) of the commercial beer to be marked as to how close it is to the homebrewed version. Perhaps the winner gets a Yoda figurine, and the wooden spoon is a Jar Jar Binks one??? Hehe

December 14thMeeting

Christmas Cheer-Beer Comp

As the name suggests, this will be a comp where we all make a Christmas beer. The only requirement for entry is that it includes aChristmas theme. And no, John, that does NOT include putting a label on it with Red and Green pubes hehehe. Each beer will then be marked as to how balanced it is, and how 'christmasy' it makes us feel!

Well, that about sums it up. As a result of our raffle last meeting (congrats again to Kegs and Damian), we are 40 bucks in the Black, so we have 40 bucks to spend on some prizes! Also, like last meeting, if you want to bring in a beer to donate to the raffle, it will be a good way for our club to build up some kitty money without any expenditure. Kegs' idea to have it give us an extra raffle ticket or two I think is a great one as well.

Let me know what you think guys, and I can't believe the buzz surrounding the formation of our new club, our facebook page has 20 members already!

Cheers,

Damien

Damien has done a great job getting the club off the ground.

I'd just like to encourage all the less experienced brewers like myself to come along and not be shy. You will learn a lot and have your eyes opened to some great beer styles. (I think Damiens AIPA on tap is one of the best beers I've tried, and that dry stout wasn't bad either :) )

The conversation and company at the first meeting was great along with the great beers.

Make sure you get along.

Damian.

Hey thanks Damian!

Have you got stuck into the raffle prize yet?? Maybe next time we need to have a mark on each bottle, as I would imagine you would be opening each bottle with the thought 'wonder what the hell this beer is going to be??!' going through your head!

Kind of of like a beer russian roulette.... !

Thanks again for the kind words!! Can't wait for next months meeting!

Cheers,

Damien

Yeah, I've cracked a couple of bottles so far, most have some identifying marks scribbled on the lid but I think a label with style and a brief description would be good, along with the brewers name if you are game!

I am looking forward to winning next months raffle already!

Damian.

Yeah, I've cracked a couple of bottles so far, most have some identifying marks scribbled on the lid but I think a label with style and a brief description would be good, along with the brewers name if you are game!

I am looking forward to winning next months raffle already!

Damian.

HAHAHHA love your confidence!

To all who received my most recent email regarding activities for the remainder of 2012, awesome.

For those who didn't can you email me at [email protected] so I can add you?

Cheers!

Damien

Cheers!
Here I started reading it as The G Club..... Which would make the brewery the G Spot??

Attack of the Clones

Just like Episode II, this month's meeting will involve those who wish to take part, cloning a beer and bringing along a longneck (or two stubbies) of the commercial beer to be marked as to how close it is to the homebrewed version. Perhaps the winner gets a Yoda figurine, and the wooden spoon is a Jar Jar Binks one??? Hehe

[

Could the King of the Clones win a Boba Fett figure?? He was cooler than Jango.

Jar Jar is bang on for the wooden spoon.

:)

HAHHA yeah... perhaps we should get the winner to choose their figurine... If we have a female winner, perhaps she would want a Natalie Portman?? And if there are any evil brewers perhaps they would want Darth Vader?? I wonder if anyone likes Jar Jar enough to intentionally wooden spoon it???

Nah..

Female winner must take Princess Leia from Jabba's palace.

Actually, male winner should probably choose Princess Leia from Jabba's palace too.

Nah..

Female winner must take Princess Leia from Jabba's palace.

Actually, male winner should probably choose Princess Leia from Jabba's palace too.

hehe yeah, like your style Kev,

Whatcha reckon for a prize for the 'TASTE-OFF'?? Something to do with Nicholas Cage or John Travolta?? Perhaps we should just organise some frames that we can print some funny stuff on.

Anyone out there good at that sort of stuff?

I personally suck at it...

It seems the last meeting was last week.

:(

See you in November.

:icon_cheers:

november 8th is the next meeting,,,,,second friday of the month

No.

But you missed out on a great case swap Kev.

I recently had one of your Saisons I won in the last raffle and enjoyed it muchly.

Hope to see you next meeting!

Damian.

Back