The Goats Are Back In Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopeye

Reaction score
Anyone else going to the Australian on Wednesday for the Goats ???

I cannot believe you Sydneysiders are gonna let this go thru to the keeper...isn't the Australian one of the stops on the crawl? Isn't the Goat one of the best micros in the country? Isn't their pale one of the best brews you will ever try on tap?

AND I'm trying get Cam to sign up here...Dane, need that "link back" button soonish if possible.
<_<
Jeez..gift horse/mouth scenario going on...get yr thirsty gullets down there. ;)

im dragging some workmates along for the beers & food. so is there some secret handshake / sign for sydney ahb'ers ?? ;)

Nah, We'll just meet by the Giraffe....

DOH !!! Wrong place.....

Not a bad night. Hightail is now permanently on tap at the Australian, for anyone that cares. Personally I thought the Rooftop Lager was exceptional, but, I was already half pissed by that stage.

Unfortunately with all the other beer related activities and travel expeditions I have coming up, there were not enough browny points in the kitty for me to make it to the Mountain Goat night. I did go to their first visit to Sydney a few years back in Balmain though and it was a great night.

Hopeye said:
Hightail is now permanently on tap at the Australian, for anyone that cares.
[post="53344"][/post]​

Thanks for the tip Hopeye. I know where I'll be for lunch tomorrow.

Beers,
Doc

i think they had complimentary beers for the 1st keg which lasted about an hour. you only got half pints but they were being almost continously poured. i think it was about $4 for half & $6+ for a pint after that. the hightail was cloudy with an amber colour. it struck me as a summer quaffing ale. i was expecting a bit more bite or taste to it. very drinkable but not as memorable as lcpa. perhaps i would have liked the goat ipa or the pale ale more. i'll have to scout out a cheap (?) 6pack.

the last round of the night, one colleague requested a new, as in tooheys new. after a short discussion, ie slagging off, he thought he'd try the lcpa with me. didnt talk to me much after that thou, ouch :( my only defense being it was 11pm & the goat beer had kicked in - bada boom.

i had forgotten how good the pizza's are at the aus, thou for $20 ea, they ought be. looking forward to the crawl. i didnt have the rooftop last night, but had one a few months ago. perhaps it was the lcpa or beez neez, but didnt get a 2nd pint for me.

cheers

Doc said:
Hopeye said:
Hightail is now permanently on tap at the Australian, for anyone that cares.
[post="53344"][/post]​
Thanks for the tip Hopeye. I know where I'll be for lunch tomorrow.
[post="53345"][/post]​

Just been up there for lunch. The MG Hightail Ale was tasting mighty fine as was the Roof Top Lager.

Beers,
Doc

Latest posts

Back