The Drink You Have When You're Not Having A Beer.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree with you there. Whilst I dont roast my own I do buy from a work contact who roasts his own as a bit of a hobby and there is a huge difference.

Nothing wrong with the Sunbeam! IMO its a better machine than a Miss Silvia and plenty of people punching out great espresso on the Rancillio machines with PID mods. The sunbeam is most definately a more user friendly machine.

My figuring is for going for a Rocket is that I should be able to return the best part of $500 if I sell the La Pavoni. Most machines will see me spending another $5-700 for a machine that will "keep me happy" but I will always want to get a rocket so I might as well save the extra $ and get what I really want. Damn consumerism!
Problem is that I'll miss the LaPavoni - its a beautiful (yet extremely hard to master) machine. But its too hard to make espresso for more than about 3 people as the group head over heats and the portafilter is extremely small so I nearly always pull doubles

Head over heels for Sunshack's Apple Cider atm :wub: sour, tart and tastes like an apple orchard in full fruit mmmmmmm-mmm! Best cider I've ever had.

Don't mind an odd vodka/soda double with copious amounts of ice and fresh lime either.. otherwise it's coffee.
This was my fav too along with bee mead which perhaps was same business, every time I try another cider nothing compares. It wasn’t particularly strong flavours. Can’t buy it anymore sadly, Dan Murphy and bws deleted the line, not sure if supplier issue, hasn’t been restocked since 2020.

I'll quaff a nice Barossa Valley Sparkling White occasionally.

Actually, looking at the major coffee producers, I'd be more inclined to describe them as the 'third world 'of flavors.
Anyway.

Two and half things.

Thing one and a half. 'How do you roast your coffee? Is an oven good enough or do you need more precise temperature control?
Do coffeesnobs sell a robusta or robusta blend? On special occasions, like every morning I enjoy a brew that makes me all jittery.

Thing two.
Can you share a good mineral water recipe if you have one. I currently use a sugar / bi-carb / and salt blend. Kind of more ghetto Gatorade than Perrier.

Good on ya.
http://williamsbrewing.com/Home-Coffee-Roasting-/Green-Coffee/2-Lbs-Vietnam-Robusta
I know you are in Oz and the shipping probably doesn't make it worth it, but this is my meth-in-a-mug

Latest posts

Back