The Double Bottler

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truman42

Reaction score
Last night whilst bottling 47 stubbies of an Irish Red Ale I was sitting there, stubbie in one hand pushed up against the botting wand, scratching my nuts with the other hand, while waiting for each bottle to fill to the top, and I said to myself

"There has to be a better an easier way"?

(To fill my bottles that is, not scratch my nuts.)

So off to Bunnings today and I came up with this,

The Double Bottler

IMG_3070.JPG

I haven't tested it yet but the idea is obvious. Use two hands, two bottles, two bottling wands and fill in half the time. Well hopefully its that easy anyway.

OT:- Notice at Bunnings now how over friendly the staff our?? Every single staff member I passed said "Hello sir how are you today?" Including the hot blonde snooty bitch that normally ignores everyone. I had 3 staff members ask me if I need help. Thats unheard of at Bunnings.

Its amazing what a bit of competition will do. :D

Holy crap! Do you have the Item numbers so I can go down to Bunnings to get the same?? You sir are a genius!!

Nice thinking. I think this thread should be come a competition to see who can fill the most bottles at once...

I made one of these, similar, when bottling. Though I was a genius as well. Then moved to kegs. THEN I was a genius :p

Well done it will work. Timing is the key because they will not fill at the same rate or be filled to the top at the same time due to you. As in pressing the valves at different times, pressures etc. Apart from that yeah, reduced my time by half as well.

I did have a doubler on the end of the original tap which was in the fermenter because it was hard to get the fermenter into the laundry tub of water without busting my balls trying not to bust that doubler off the fermenter thread and draining my wort into the laundry sink. Mine was all just 'push fit' onto the tap. Yours indeed looks like it could go into space and back unharmed :)

I normally put all my bottles in a milk crate all sanitised and clean. I have my little bottler attached to a silicon tube and then run through all of the bottles. Takes me no time at all.

The only issue I reckon I would see with it how restricted the flow of beer is out of the taps. Since it is pouring out of 2 taps instead of one I wonder if it would slow down the rate of which the beer comes out at. Only one way to test that theory tho :D

You sir are a genius!!

Not really, just a guy who now has itchy nuts... :D

Its actually just a threaded T and a threaded nipple, easy to find in Bunnings and cost me less than $10 with the taps.

Now you're going to have to stop bottling to scratch your balls.

Will actually take twice a long now.

Now you're going to have to stop bottling to scratch your balls.

Will actually take twice a long now.
Surely you could sub-contract some of the work out.

"Uh, honey, I need a _hand_ over here with the bottling"

:)

:)

HAHA Thats a great idea.. :D Don't think shes going to be in for it somehow.

I like this. Was planning on making something to fill 8 bottles at once, but two is good, and easy to put together

And when you get to the bottom of the priming vessel and you want to drain the dregs?
I know, you still fill two bottles, and use your chin on the top to tilt the vessel over.

HAHA Thats a great idea.. :D Don't think shes going to be in for it somehow.

Good attempt at innovation.

My missus would give my clam spear a touch up whilst I had both hands full and then flutter away when I could grab her, just to annoy me.

Ok then how's this?
"Uh, honey can you come here please?"
"Can you scratch my balls? I have my hands full of bottles."
"No? Ok then hold this bottle since you're here."

I reckon you'll go cross eyed trying to watch both bottles. Once that happens everytime you go to scratch your balls you will scratch your knee.

Edit: P.S did you Starsan your ball scratching hand before touching the bottling equipment with it?

I reckon this device, hooked up to a hose. Then you could put all your bottles on the ground lined up and fill two at a time. I was going to do this, but then i got kegs instead.

I was a little scared to open this topic, thinking it may have been related to a Double Dutch Rudder.
Once I did open it, it seems like a good idea, I agree on putting it on a hose so the bottles can stay stationary but flow rate may be a little slow so not saving you much time at all.

Cheers

Robbo

Gave it a test run tonight. Heres a short video clip of it action.

Double bottle filler

Seems to work okay. Certainly quicker than doing it one at a time.

The right hand side filled a lot quicker than the left but it doesn't have a spring so always has been quicker.

Also I over tightened it when screwing it onto the fermenter so have to be more careful next time.

And luckily my balls weren't itchy...As the wifes at work.. :lol:

And heres a blooper whilst trying to film it the first time.. :D :lol:

Blooper

I normally put all my bottles in a milk crate all sanitised and clean. I have my little bottler attached to a silicon tube and then run through all of the bottles. Takes me no time at all.

+1

This is the approach I use and it's easy as. It also means that while one bottle is filling you can quickly do something else e.g. cap a bottle.

Is the splitter a food grade item or a sprinkler system item. Like the idea but have had plastic taste issues from non food grade items before.

Latest posts

Back