The Difference Between Bottle & Line Cleaners?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new2kegbrew

Reaction score
Another quick question for all if you in the know - Can I use Brewiser bottle and glass washing powder as a keg & line cleaner? It doesn't tell me the active constituents, so I have no idea if there is a difference between it and line cleaner. Can anyone shed some light?

I use HomeBrand "Nappy Teatment Plus" from Woolworths (Safeway in some states) with hot water.

Cheap and effective :super:

*EDIT* - I did use Brewcraft keg and line cleaner once, but it's no better than the nappy cleaner and about 14 times more expensive by weight :blink:

PZ.

Thanks fingerlickin -will try that when I need to buy some more ... I've just got bottle & glass cleaner left over from my bottling days, and was going to run that through my lines & tap (and the cold water following) before I put my first keg on.

Use the search terms "napisan" and "sodium percarbonate" for more info.

I can't imagine the bottle cleaner working as well as this stuff :(

PZ.

I make a blend for cleaning lines/kegs, using;

1kg 30% soduim percarbonate
200g brewcraft brewers detergent (soduim metasilicate)
50g sodium hydroxide (drain cleaner, or the pure stuff from the uni lab if we have the powdered stuff at the time)

Bout 1/4 of a cup in the keg with 4L boiling water, cleans the keg and the line in one go

Apparently pbw is mostly percarbonate and metasilicate. the hydroxide seems to shift more of the gunk without scrubbing

Latest posts

Back