The Country Brewer - Wet Packs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SJW

As you must brew, so you must drink
Reaction score
Has anyone tryed the country brewers wet packs? They look quite good on the web site, it may be a good way to get into extract brewing :D

I've tried the american pale ale and it was tops, I'm curently brewing the lager wetpak.

Evo said:
I've tried the american pale ale and it was tops, I'm curently brewing the lager wetpak.
What style of hops & grain are used?

I have made the
Lager
Pale ale
Pils
Found the lager and the pale ale very good . above average
The pils is 12 weeks old , looks like it's time to try it

Rod

SJW said:
Has anyone tryed the country brewers wet packs? They look quite good on the web site, it may be a good way to get into extract brewing :D
I've done the porter and the pils.

The porter is lovely - I only made it up to about 19Ltrs so it's a pretty thick and tasty drop. No markings on the hops or grains so I don't know what was in it. It's about 9 months old now and getting better.

The pils was nice - the grains were marked vienna and the hops were unmarked. The supplied saf-lager was probably not the best yeast to use for an authentic pils but it made a very nice bitter lager in the end. None of this left as it went down very easily.

my 2c

Mycle.

For everyone's info, the American Pale has been by far the most popular out of the five ... and there is no guessing what hop we use in that one.

The test formulation that we did last year won 1st place at the 2003 Bathurst Comp ... good enough indication that we got that one right.

Current varieties are:- American Pale, Lawson's lager, Patterson's Pils, English Bitter & Old Australian Porter.

I'd like to say they can't be matched, but that's not true ... they are just another of the ever improving products that are available to us brewers these days!

Gotta love it eh! :chug:

Shawn - TCB

What sort of temperature control is required whilst boiling the extract? Does it require the usual 68 degrees as most all grain boils do, which means that it's impossible without a thermometer, or a slow simmer is ok?

Or am I just getting confused?????

Jase

Water boils at 100 degrees. The 68 is for mashing.

Back