The Braumeister Is Good But.........

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SJW

As you must brew, so you must drink
Reaction score
Dont brew pissed. :(
I will reveal the results of my A amylase experiment later, but I put another Mazen on this morning with a 20 min mash in at 20 deg C, 15 mins at 54 deg C, 15 Min at 60 deg C, 90 min at 70 deg C, and finaly 15 min at 78 deg C. Anyway I will explain the mash shedule another day.
So I filler the BM up last night. Dumped the 5.6kgs og grain in at 8:30am and then went to church. Came home, removed malt pipe, sparged then boiled for 90 min.
The problem came between having a few too many Celebration Ales (Brewbuilder brew) and clean up. During clean up I dropped the impeller of my pump and broke of 3 fins. So out with the super glue and a quick fix was in order.
So Mark.........I will see you soon for a new impeller.
Todays lesson is..................DONT DRINK AND BREW, Even with a BM :)

Arent you lucky I carry spare parts, bring in the old impeller (there are two types) just to make sure you get the right one, and so we can point and jeer a bit.
Mark

Yeah I have woken up next day and couldn't remember the brew day or cleaning bm luckily everything was still in tact

Thanks Mark :super: I will bring it in with my next Brewbuilder order

Its THAT good is it ?

;)
Yes, I did think, what could go wrong. Compared with my old 3 Vessel system, where I had to be dry for about 3 days prior to brewing, as there was so many things that could go wrong. So I thought a couple of Celebration Ales wont hurt.
Anyway, the Marzen is in the fridge at 9 deg C with 2 litres of high krausen Munich Larger (seasonal) pitched.
Its also worth noting that I have had serveral more Celebration Ales and quite a few Boh Pils. :)

My golden rule is never drink before the boil starts. Learnt that lesson the hard way too.
But my BM says, pump break...pour yourself a beer batz

Draining the mash tun and sparging used to drive me to drink!

Todays lesson is..................DONT DRINK AND BREW, Even with a BM :)
According to your story there is no issue with drinking while brewing.
The problem was cleaning up, so today's lesson is really .. if you're brew and at the same time drink, but don't bother cleaning up when you are drunk. :)

What do you mean don't clean up!?!?

What will my imaginary brew maidens do while I'm drunk and passed out while brewing on my imaginary BM?

With my BM I have to stir and apply heat for ramping so I can only be moderately drunk.

The readout on the display on mine says, "BIG W $19.95".

With my BM I have to stir and apply heat for ramping so I can only be moderately drunk.

The readout on the display on mine says, "BIG W $19.95".

The big benifit to the Big W braumeister though is when you leave the dirty pot in the kitchen, the wife cleans it up for you, so you can be as drunk as you want by the end of the brew day.

Brewed on my 20l B.M. yep had quiet a few.....screw it clean up tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Brewed on my 20l B.M. yep had quiet a few.....screw it clean up tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!! :p

I can honestly say in my 14 years of AG brewing on my 3v or BM, I have always cleaned up straight after my brew.

Take that as you will. :lol:

Mate broke his BM during clean-up. Went to tip the water out, while resting one of the 3 legs against the bench for support.
Folded the leg in, creasing the bottom of the pot. The malt pipe wouldn't seal against the bottom until it had a trip to the panel beaters.
Dunno how many he'd had by then.

What will my imaginary brew maidens do while I'm drunk and passed out while brewing on my imaginary BM?
Those people who can afford a BM you can likely afford to pay for the services of a buxom wench to do their cleaning for them :ph34r:

Those people who can afford a BM you can likely afford to pay for the services of a buxom wench to do their cleaning for them :ph34r:

You don't have one??

Back