The Brauduino (Matho’s Controller) Buy thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone chasing a Matho's Controller, I have 1 I could part with, brand new never used with 2 extra probes.
Sorry guys, I never responded to anyone, I was thinking about keeping it, but im ready to part with it now.

Whatever they’re going for plus freight.

Cheers.

Sorry guys, I never responded to anyone, I was thinking about keeping it, but im ready to part with it now.

Whatever they’re going for plus freight.

Cheers.

Any idea what the going rate is these days? I had a quick look over the last few pages of the thread but couldn't see much. May be keen if it's cheap (been using an inkbird to control a small herms coil in a kitchen kettle which the wort recirc's through, but this may be a bit more accurate, though probably overkill).

Any idea what the going rate is these days? I had a quick look over the last few pages of the thread but couldn't see much. May be keen if it's cheap (been using an inkbird to control a small herms coil in a kitchen kettle which the wort recirc's through, but this may be a bit more accurate, though probably overkill).
The unit (not including original postage), plus 2 extra probes was $289.
Hows $265 incl freight sound?

The unit (not including original postage), plus 2 extra probes was $289.
Hows $265 incl freight sound?
While it sounds like a reasonable price it's definitely overkill for my use case so will pass - and hopefully let someone else grab it and use it to its full potential!

Without sending the thread way off topic, I'm just looking at better control in the mash as the inkbird is a little slow to register some temp changes. It may just be a case of a voltage controller to reduce the wattage on the kettle element to prevent overshoot, or picking up a PID and making a box for it, I've just been too slack/time poor to go that route, and once the lid is on the mash tun the temp stays pretty stable without much overshoot (that I've noticed). Also mash bed takes a bit of time for the temp to stabilise so a little overshoot in the recirc shouldn't have much impact.

While it sounds like a reasonable price it's definitely overkill for my use case so will pass - and hopefully let someone else grab it and use it to its full potential!

Without sending the thread way off topic, I'm just looking at better control in the mash as the inkbird is a little slow to register some temp changes. It may just be a case of a voltage controller to reduce the wattage on the kettle element to prevent overshoot, or picking up a PID and making a box for it, I've just been too slack/time poor to go that route, and once the lid is on the mash tun the temp stays pretty stable without much overshoot (that I've noticed). Also mash bed takes a bit of time for the temp to stabilise so a little overshoot in the recirc shouldn't have much impact.
Kegland RAPT temp controller has built in PID control (selectable and configurable)

Back