The Brauduino (Matho’s Controller) Buy thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guidos said:
All paid up.
Do I need to register with google?
I like to be updated.

Cheers for the work : )
Thanks! Totally Welcome! It is nice to see it coming together.
Yeah, it will be the fastest way to keep everyone on the same page. The volume of PMs would otherwise be a little ludicrous.

Thanks Lael, paid & registered for the google group.

I may have submitted the survey form twice, not sure if battery died before letting the first one through.

Cheers!

Just paid and joined the Google group. Thanks for all the work that has been put in lael.

lael said:
It isn't needed, just depends on if you prefer it. The silver one will be provided with each kit.
Sorry, I was a bit unclear. In the video the face of the box where the fascia goes is clear. Seems we would just not install the fascia if we wanted a clear front. Or is the 1mm of "shim" we get from the fascia necessary for the spacing to work out.

Whatever the case I am still interested in being able to gaze lovingly on the internals. Geez, I sound like a psychopath ;)

Oh, yeah, that would work. The fascia is in every kit. You can choose not to use it. I think I posted photos of a clear version - the polycarbonate front doesnt etch well at all. So the clear fascia provides button names and arrows. Not needed, but nice. I'll post photos of it when I get the final box and PCB. It looks like everything is sorted and they are sending the pcb today.

Hi lael,

video looks good. You can tell you have put a lot of effort into making it a simple setup.
I would love to get my hands on one but unfortunately won't have the $$ in time for an order.

Any chance you could point me in the direction of the latest parts list so I can start collecting bits and pieces.
I did come across one but it was very early in the thread and I'm sure the project has evolved since then

Cheers,

dropbear85 said:
Hi lael,

video looks good. You can tell you have put a lot of effort into making it a simple setup.
I would love to get my hands on one but unfortunately won't have the $$ in time for an order.

Any chance you could point me in the direction of the latest parts list so I can start collecting bits and pieces.
I did come across one but it was very early in the thread and I'm sure the project has evolved since then

Cheers,
Hey dropbear!

Thanks for the compliments! Its true, a fair bit of work has gone into making it simple. By comparison, the fastest I've ever soldered one of thr earlier boards is prob about the same amount of time it took to put the whole new kit together!

The list of inclusions is:
PCB, arduino mega preflashed, custom LEDs, buttons, custom button cables, fascia, box, heatsink, SSRs, thermal paste, power sockets, various screws (stainless).

You won't be able to get the same parts at the same quality for the price of the kit - which is the big advantage of the bulk buy. PM me with a timeframe for when you might be able to get the cash together and we can probably work something out.

Paid up, once again shooting down the theory that this homebrewing game was about saving $$$$. :)

CapnK said:
Paid up, once again shooting down the theory that this homebrewing game was about saving $$$$. :)
Best and often repeated line I've heard: homebrewing - the expensive way to make cheap beer :)

Hi lael,
My better half transfer the funds this morning. Looking forward to building it, but all the hard work already been taken care of. Please give me a yell if you need spare hands to put everything to together for postage. I be away for the next two weeks, but I can't see everything being sorted by then anyway. Many thanks once again.
Cheers
Graham

CapnK said:
yeah I use to think that James squire was a wonderful beer. Now my wife advises me that my beer is far better. I would have to agree with her. To make good beer it is expensive, but it's worth it.
Cheers
Big G

Lael, loving this. I'm overseas holidaying and will sort out a payment when I'm back in Oz. Great work mate. Thanks!

parktho said:
Lael, forgive my ignorance, but how does this compare to a bcs?

Thomas.
Hi Thomas,

I've watched a lot of videos online of the bcs. But that is the extent of my knowledge, so hopefully what I say is accurate. My understanding is that the BCS has a cool interface, but you have to have a computer connected to it to control it and see what is happening. It is very flexible and allows you to build any system you want and controls the system using 'states' that you set up.

By comparison, the brauduino is designed to control heating element and pump in a single vessel recirculating system similar to a braumeister. It has an LCD built in, so you never need a computer connected to it. The brauduino kit also includes your SSRs heatsink, power connectors etc that with the bcs you would need to buy separately and build into a control box.

Short version: bcs: flexible, but more work to set up. Basically need a laptop connected to it to brew.
Brauduino: simple, powerful, best for single vessel or two vessel system. Easier automation. Stand alone.

Hope this helps

lael,
Havent paid yet but its on the to-do list..

Any idea on rough pricing for your possible follow-up sourcing of screen/elements/pots?

SBOB said:
lael,
Havent paid yet but its on the to-do list..

Any idea on rough pricing for your possible follow-up sourcing of screen/elements/pots?
Hey SBOB,

Not yet. Waiting on samples. I'll post pics once I get something I like :)

Great video the spark core and shield look exciting upgrades later down the track be a great starter over a home brew with mates the use of wifi will sure get there eyebrows raised lol

Paid including postage waiting on google group my phone keeps shutting down out of apps so may not of come threw the group see how it go's cheers

hey lael,

Sorry to be a pain in the ass but I just wanted to check that I can run 2x2400w element using this kit.
I think I remember something about it in the thread but buggered if I could find it now with all the pages and lists of names in it.

I remember in your video you said there was only one element out but there was also an auxiliary out, is that the one you use for a second element?

Back