The Brauduino (Matho’s Controller) Buy thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update for everyone: received the PCBs yesterday, sorted out the kits last night, posted them just now. If you are in Sydney you might get it Friday. If you ordered two more they are coming express :). Otherwise in the past it seems to take between 3-5 days for the rest if qld and Vic. Let me know when you get it! Thanks all for your patience! This one took a while.

lael said:
Update for everyone: received the PCBs yesterday, sorted out the kits last night, posted them just now. If you are in Sydney you might get it Friday. If you ordered two more they are coming express :). Otherwise in the past it seems to take between 3-5 days for the rest if qld and Vic. Let me know when you get it! Thanks all for your patience! This one took a while.
Thanks Lael, your a gentleman.

Hi Lael,
If there are any left I'm keen, PM payment details. Thanks.

Got the kit today, Woohoo!!!!! Thanks Lael !!!

lael said:
Received today Lael, thanks again, your time and effort is much appreciated.

:) welcome guys! Once built it might just be your favourite piece of brew gear :)

I got the "Oh, by the way this turned up in the mail for you the other day" this morning. Two kits intact, so time to get my solder on!!
Cheers again Lael.

Ok, so now the fun begins..... Got my kit together powered it up and get the initiation screen flashes "the brauduino
Temp 0.00", then it goes blank and does nothing. The display stay illuminated but it's blank and the buttons do nothing. I tried an earlier code and it did the same thing except the screen says "manual" and still doesn't respond.
Any ideas?

Hey Tony, i got mine wired up last night and spent all of today trying to figure out what was wrong with it, seems i hadn't done something properly when loading the software onto it.

I'm not a professional by any means but maybe go over every solder point, particularly the lcd display with a magnifying glass to make sure all the solder points have a good contact. I bought a magnifying thing from jaycar and found that i had 2 solder that i thought were making contact to the naked eye but under a magnifying glass they were not touching at all.

Maybe try that and see how you go. Either way hope you figure it out :)

nice work tonypepperoni! cold soldered lcd pin?

JoshF - is yours all going now?

Hey Lael,
Yea mate it's all going now. I wired up the pcb direct with 12v instead of going through the relay just so i could make sure everything was on the right track. i'm using two clamps to hold the two sides of the project box together until i finish wiring up the pump etc though (240v - if anyone has wiring for this please let me know :) ). Also whenever i turn it on, the temperature defaults at 85c until i go and fiddle with shit, then it displays the ambient temperature. Not sure if its something i've wired incorrectly or if thats normal.

Either way it's pretty damn satisfying to get the kit up and running!!!! Cant wait to give it a run! Cheers again for the time and effort Lael :beerbang:

Oh and photos

IMG_0571.JPG

IMG_0573.JPG

From memory there is a wiring diagram in the PDF for 240v. I did mine and got a sparked friend to check it :) just make sure everything is grounded well. And yes, the temp issue is most likely wiring. Mine did the same till I sorted out the connections properly.

I'm selling and buying a house so it's on the back burner for a month. After having it arrive it's driving me nuts not getting stuck into it, but I can't brew anyway, got to have the house clean for inspections etc. Funny going looking for houses, SWMBO is a bit curious about my sudden interest in sheds :ph34r:

Same as me logman. Just bought a house. Got the shed of my dreams. Fourteen power points. Now I just need to move in. And get brewing. Regretting a ninety day settlement. The wait is murder.

We've just knocked back an offer this morning but pretty sure they're accepting our price. I've been brewing in a townhouse for 3 years so I can't wait to get out. Looking at an acre type thing, can't wait to move.

Congrats on the shed! :beerbang:

Lorenzo From Italy

matho kits.

Anyone else want to sell their kits?
I need one of this kits.
where can I find o order of the matho PCB's and kits?

Latest posts

Back