The Brauduino (Matho’s Controller) Buy thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Marc

I actually wrote a fair bit of the build thread that is published here.

My setup is constantly changing and evolving. I actually put a post up recently loisting all the changes. Most recent is a new return pipe and will be testing that later today I hope.

Still recovering from last night. I tried nitrogen on my oatmeal stout. Oh yeah!

James
Zwitter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That sounds awesome Zwitter do you have any pics?

I recently ditched the immersion chiller and invested in a plate chiller. SO much better! From boil to 22'c I one pass so I can pretty much chill straight in to my fermenter.
Keeping in mind that my setup is basically a Braumeister, the best part is that I got some 1/2" tube that I stick down in to my pot and insert it in to the skin fitting at the pump output. At the other end of the tube I have a hose to the plate chiller. Start the pump and off she goes. Either put the return back in to the pot to recirculate and bring temp right down for lager, or as I mentioned before, one pass gets it to ~22'c and can put the hose from chiller straight in to the fermenter.
I'm using the 70mm keg king plate chiller.

Would prefer if it were serviceable as I can't really tell if it's clean inside, otherwise it works really well.

Hi Liquid Currency
Yeah they do make bigger plate heat exchangers that allow bolts to be undone and the plates can be separated and cleaned but not little ones they are usually a metre long and weigh a couple of hundred kilos.

I was told never to let it dry unless it was totally clean. Also to put it in the oven at 200degrees for an hour and that would kill anything in it. I usually run wort through it with the second side empty to sanitise. I have blocked mine up often but reverse flow cleans it out. I now use a filter with it and circulate the wort during the boil and returns to pot through a hop bag to catch the bits. This reduces the amount of stuff that will clog the heat exchanger.

I will get some photos of the rig next time it is out.

James
Zwitter

So $1000 plus shipping?
I can buy a lot of beer for that. Mind it would last forever.

James
Zwitter

Hi there and good day,

I also have a spare brauduino controller for sale that has only been used twice, fully assembled with an extra temperature probe and cables (EU power socket) if any one is interested PM me.

Thanks
Still have the Braudino?

Hi guys, sorry, been offline for work for a while. I've got some kits available if anyone is after one - just PM me.

I've also got some options for new SSRs with two outputs in a single 'puck' which would allow you to have potentially up to 4 circuits controlled (eg: 2 heat, 1 pump, + 1 spare for?).

Hello guys, I have an unused braudoino which is just assembled and testet ok. Let me hear from you If you are interested. Payment can be done with the help from PayPal.

13_510342380.jpg

Last edited:
Been tied up with a few BB's, and other brew projects that have taken both time and money, and unfortunately development takes money and time too. It's still on the bench and something I'm keen to get done.

Mike

Thanks for the update Mike, just want to make sure it haven’t missed it. Good things take time, It will be worth the wait. It still working perfect without wifi, it will be just be even better with it. Cheers

Does anybody know how to fix my delay timer issue. I can only set it to a max 2.40 hours. I even bought another mega board and reloaded the software and still at 2.40 hours. If I could make the delay for seven hours, I could setup at 10pm then mash in at 5.am on Sunday morning. My Aldi timer didn't work last Saturday night. Up at 5.30am last Sunday mashed in at 7.30. Not happy Jan.[emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35] help is much needed

Does anyone have a spare temp probe that they want to sell?

Nothing yet.
I am hoping Lael will have some. I haven't heard from him but he can take a while to reply sometimes due to other commitments.

Latest posts

Back