The Brauduino (Matho’s Controller) Build/Advice/Question Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a seperate controller (stc1000)for my hlt and the braudino is used to control the hex.
I like to set the timer on the controller to heat the mash water up ready for when I wake up.
Add the grain then the controller goes through the automatic process.
Step mash and or ramp to mash out and hold it there until I'm ready to sparge.
Duh! I'm doing it the wrong way around! I've been using the mathos for my HLT and an inkbird (So essentially an STC on the herms/mash. I should try it the other way around.

I am just retiring my setup after a few years of brewing on it. It is still working and has never let me down. I have upgraded to the new smartpid m5 pro. Bit pricey but we'll worth it for the added features.

I am just retiring my setup after a few years of brewing on it. It is still working and has never let me down. I have upgraded to the new smartpid m5 pro. Bit pricey but we'll worth it for the added features.
would you be interested in parting with the old Matho's?

Hi all,

I've got one of these Mathos controller gathering dust up for grabs. It's got a couple of connections required to finish it off, but as I have to get my head back around it, I haven't bothered.

Based in Tweed Heads.

If someone wants to pay $30 to ensure postage is covered, I'll mail it to you.

Thomas.

Hi all,

I've got one of these Mathos controller gathering dust up for grabs. It's got a couple of connections required to finish it off, but as I have to get my head back around it, I haven't bothered.

Based in Tweed Heads.

Thomas.

Hi all,

Based in Tweed Heads.

Thomas.
Is this still available?

Hi All, I have purchased a Brauduino on FB Marketplace and am having a few issues:

- The temp shows 0.00 degrees despite using several probes that came with the unit
- I am not sure what PCB Type I have when setting the PCB during firmware upload

The controller appears to have been wired professionally and is super tidy. I have opened it up to check/ reseat connections for the probe and compared it to as much documentation and YouTube as I can find.

Is anyone able to point me to an 'easy' or 'dumb' solution as to why I am not getting a temp reading? I am hoping I am just missing something...

Is anyone able to ID my PCB?:

- Using an Arduino Mega 2560 R3
- Using a Brauduino Sparky Shield v. 1.0

My options are:

// 1 Brauduino Original (Matho's PCB)
// 2 Brauduino by DanielXan
// 3 ArdBir by DanielXan
// 4 ArdBir All-in-One

Thanks in Advance :)

UPDATE: I bought and learned how to use a multimeter. There was a break somewhere in the positive wire between the probe inlet and the board, that was only apparent if you wiggled it about enough.

Attachments

• IMG_0933.jpg
    IMG_0933.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0931.jpg
    IMG_0931.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0932.jpg
    IMG_0932.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0930.jpg
    IMG_0930.jpg