The Brauduino (Matho’s Controller) Build/Advice/Question Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're too modest. It's effin beautiful. And yeah, marine supply places are the place to find SS skin fittings.

Hi folks :)

My controller seems to have developed some sort of "virus".... The controller sounds the alarm for reached temperature wayyyyyyy of setpoint temperature... Any idea anyone ?

freelander2002 said:
Hi folks :)

My controller seems to have developed some sort of "virus".... The controller sounds the alarm for reached temperature wayyyyyyy of setpoint temperature... Any idea anyone ?
Sounds interesting. Have you edited the code?

Mine doesn't something similar. I think it may be the temp probe sending a dodgy that prompts the controller to progress to mash in. I haven't had time to confirm this however.

lael said:
Where is it leaking?
Just around the outer skin fitting. The fitting is close to the corner radius of the pot as well as half of the three-ply base. Have ordered some 3mm silicone sheet to fab up some washers that will hopefully solve the issue.

So not far off getting it cranked up! It does heat up to a boil, takes a little while with a 2200w element. Pump works fine.

Just need to learn how to drive it and program in all the set points and times etc.

hi not sure were or how to buy a brauduino \ controller any one have one for sale and can post to adelaide please thanks Garry

Hi Terragady

Electromagnetic!

Our circuit just uses a transistor to turn 12v on and off to actuate the buzzer. So probably almost any buzzer will work. The one we actually used is piezo buzzer and is very loud which is good when you are busy but a bit noisy if you are brewing late at night.
Most sit inside the box and that mutes them a little.

I would think this one will work

James
Zwitter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

zwitter said:
Hi Terragady

Electromagnetic!

Our circuit just uses a transistor to turn 12v on and off to actuate the buzzer. So probably almost any buzzer will work. The one we actually used is piezo buzzer and is very loud which is good when you are busy but a bit noisy if you are brewing late at night.
Most sit inside the box and that mutes them a little.

I would think this one will work

James
Zwitter

OK so it is ON/OFF, so only active buzzer. The one I pasted is piezo as well. I guess you can use also just piezo or passive buzzer but will need to change a code for PWM signal, thats completely unnecessary probably and one will have to use passive buzzer only (or just piezo).

So now I look at my drawer and I have few packages of those small active buzzers. The problem is that i checked my order list and ones are 12V and ones are 5V, the look completely the same and there is no any markings on them...
Is there any difference between them except sound intensity? Maybe they just selling them like 5 and 12 but they have a range of 3-25V for example?
That what I have at my alarm system, it is little big bigger though -> https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-Brand-NEW-3-24V-Piezo-Electronic-Tone-Buzzer-Alarm-95DB-Continuous-Sound-12V-Mounting-Hole/32593921992.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.YKXmVj

If there is a difference between 5 and 12 should I be worried that one will burn when powered by 12V? They both works fine as I test them, or maybe I can add some resistor for them?

Hi Terragady

Stick a resistor inline to limit the current. Or try on 5v and maybe try 12v

Just use ohms law to work out resistor size.
James
Zwitter

zwitter said:
Hi Terragady

Stick a resistor inline to limit the current. Or try on 5v and maybe try 12v

Just use ohms law to work out resistor size.
James
Zwitter

Hi Zwitter,

yes will do, thanks for help!

Hi all,

Just wired my brauduino up and all the wires are in the correct position, however the solid state relay will not switch and the temperature probe is reading about 20 degrees (Celsius) above the actual temperature. Pump turns on and off just fine.

I seem to get 12V DC to the positive side of the heater output, but not to the negative.

Also the LED indicator light for the heater doesn't work (tested when connected to USB as well). Not that it bothers me but could be related?

Has anyone else experienced this or know how to solve the issue?

Thanks.

Swisswa said:
Hi all,

Just wired my brauduino up and all the wires are in the correct position, however the solid state relay will not switch and the temperature probe is reading about 20 degrees (Celsius) above the actual temperature. Pump turns on and off just fine.

I seem to get 12V DC to the positive side of the heater output, but not to the negative.

Also the LED indicator light for the heater doesn't work (tested when connected to USB as well). Not that it bothers me but could be related?

Has anyone else experienced this or know how to solve the issue?

Thanks.
Hi Swiss,

You may need to run through set up on ArdBir still? It sounds like the initial config hasn't been changed. - eg: changing heat to electric from gas should solve your heat LED issue.

The temp probe issue is weird. What is it reading?

lael said:
Hi Swiss,

You may need to run through set up on ArdBir still? It sounds like the initial config hasn't been changed. - eg: changing heat to electric from gas should solve your heat LED issue.

The temp probe issue is weird. What is it reading?
Well I feel pretty stupid right now... Out of all the information I read up on I completely missed needing to change the initial config! Just ran through that and everything is working perfectly.

The temp probe is fine too, the calibration setting was set to 5 initially and it was reading 45 degrees.

Now I just need a free fermenter so I can run my first all grain beer :D Thanks for the quick response lael

Hehe, absolutely welcome! If you were in Sydney I'd give you one!

I have had a look through most of the thread but can't find a solution for the "memory Full" when trying to save a recipe. No recipes are currently saved and it will not let me save any. Everything else works very well.
I have the original controller and this is definitely an upgrade. The new connectors are excellent!
Any solutions greatly appreciated.

Hi NealK

Did you run the setup and initialise recipie area?

It is very important to run all the config when first powered up and that includes the initialising the recipie area.

James
Zwitter

Latest posts

Back