The Big Breakfast Brew Off (canberra)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macr

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted or not, or if it is in the right area, but to we have any Canwegians, that can shoot this guy down? Taken from this page
ABC Canberra
Monday, 3 April 2006

Presenter: Ross Solly

Do you brew your own beer? Do you think its pretty good? Then perhaps you should take part in the 666 Breakfast Shows Big Brew Off.

It all started a little while ago when we unearthed some stories about home brewing disasters. Ross Solly declared that he had never tasted a decent home brew, and then Stephen called us. As a recognised beer judge and former President of the Canberra Brewers Club, he begged to differ.

Stephen has agreed to bring us some of his brew but we need more than just one beer to prove his point. So, if youre able to come into the 666 Studios this Friday 7 April between 6.15am and 7am, and think you have a decent brew, then send us an email and describe what makes your home brew so special. Youd also have to be willing to bring in some samples on Friday morning and talk on air briefly with Ross about your beer.

Contact us at Breakfast Letters here and include a daytime contact number so we can let you know on Thursday if wed like you to come in with your beer.

Cheers!

Another wine drinking...(insert whatever you like here)

Theres a bit of blurb on the canberrabrewers website....no-ones taking it too seriously. No-one has actually heard of the Stephen that is apparently a beer judge and former president. :blink:
Cheers
Steve

Steve said:
Theres a bit of blurb on the canberrabrewers website....no-ones taking it too seriously. No-one has actually heard of the Stephen that is apparently a beer judge and former president. :blink:
Cheers
Steve
[post="118035"][/post]​

Wouldn't that be Stephen Nielsen, AKA Kurtz I think ?

:rolleyes:
Could be... I have heard Kurtz some times goes by that name....

Dr. Kurtz.

Yep, that oughta set the hobby forward in a quantum leap. :lol:

What's going to happen when he turns up in a backwards superman outfit? :eek:

Warren -

Yes it is Kurtz and the club's onto this. A bit of clarification is needed though - you need to write in to the radio station, explain why your beer is so good and wait for them to invite you to the station - and you need to be there by 6am.....

I just hope that Kurtz doesn't bring a plate of hop joints for the DJ's to try like he did last time!!

:blink:

That is mentioned in the last sentence and why I posted a link as the last sentence on the real site has an active link. Would be interesting to hear the outcome.

Why is everybody jumping through hoops to educate this clown? :angry:

Has he not heard of the Wig and Pen?

All the more for us I reckon. :beerbang:

Leave him to his Coronas or whatever floats his boat .....

M

Agreed Mandrakar...

Everything will go fine, as long as Dr. Ulysses S Kurtz doesn't try to re-enact the famous torpedo launch....

....you don't want to know...!

TL

Hello me liitle luvlies and others.
Me good mates ' ave alerted me to something fishy..
Let me, if I may, quote from a Mr or Mrs or Ms Mandrakar
Why is everybody jumping through hoops to educate this clown?
Am I a clown (or indeed the rather popular of late clownfish).
I am certain that MMM Mandrakar knows me, or does he?
Has he not heard of the Wig and Pen?
and then
Leave him to his Coronas or whatever floats his boat .....
Now, without going into exactly what "floats his boat" means , and it means nothing to me except for a rather crude and un-original attempt at rhyme I can only ask why MMMMandrakar has a problem with the (sometimes) enigmatic Dr Ulyssess N Kurtz spreading the word of brewing.
Dr K has been doing it for if not a long time (well certainly since the last millennium) and is, frankly, hurt and plowed off by the MMM Mandrakar.
An apology would be in order I think...

Kurtz

Ohh..BTW TL , my last name is not Grant!!..(how do you work these smiley things!!)

I think if you read it correctly Mandrakar is talking about the presenter Ross Solly, but I guess you took the time to work that out with out getting on your high horse :)

I agree macr, that's what was meant.
You have to agree though, it's an easy misunderstanding to make. I certainly thought mandrakar was having a go at Kurtz on my first take.
If we're talking high horses, perhaps we all need to simultaneously dismount at this point in time!
Should be a great Friday - I'll be tuning in for sure! Thanks for teeing it up Kurtz.

Well... I think that Ross is doing a brilliant job in promoting brewing. Anyone who listens to the ABC here in Canbeera over the last few days would be foolish to say otherwise.
My comments stand.
Oh.and while I am at it there will be an all invited all grain demo at the German Club on the first Saturday of May..being Big Brew Day and also the Harmonie German Clubs Market Day.

K

Well...those of you who lucky enough to have listened to the event, which went for nearly an hour, will be pleased to know that the art of homebrewing has taken yet another massive step in the ears of the listening public.
Kurtz was, of course, in top form, from the red silk dressing gown to the black cassock and naked from the waist down.
This , of course, was to prove that Kurtz was not really a brewer as traditionally only women are brewers and even in the coldness of a Canbeera April morn......
One great step for brewing really !!!!

K

Love your work, Kurtz! Who says Canberra is boring!!! B)

The brew capital of Ashtraya!! :p

Good stuff.

But was Mr Solly converted?

cheers
johnno

But was Mr Solly converted?

Well I guess so
It was a great tapestry for all of us that call ourselves brewers, I felt and saw as it all unravelled more than just a single ball of wool, and yes I saw the crazy kittens all themselves grabbing for one part or another of the woolen explosion that before there very eyes was happening.
It was more than just watering the lawn on a Sunday evening, it was more like a thousand bitumen roads on the way to......
oh bugger...my sheep fones a ringin'

Latest posts

Back