The best bargain you have bought

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducatiboy stu

Reaction score
I will kick this off

Bought a "92 Landrover Discovery, Diesel, 500,000km, gen 1 owner who is a retired mechanic.

Drives like new, no rattles or squeaks. $2k. Very well looked after and fully serviced

Best bargain I have ever come across
disco.jpg
2017-08-12 17.20.50.jpg
2017-08-12 17.19.46.jpg
2017-08-12 17.18.35.jpg
2017-08-12 17.16.14.jpg

Attachments

• 2017-08-12 17.15.06.jpg
    2017-08-12 17.15.06.jpg
    681.3 KB · Views: 98
  • 2017-08-12 17.15.32.jpg
    2017-08-12 17.15.32.jpg
    598.8 KB · Views: 106
Don't see too many of that era on the road.

Second hand parts should be easy to find, plenty in wrecking yards.

Don't see too many of that era on the road.

Second hand parts should be easy to find, plenty in wrecking yards.

Still a few getting around, and yes parts are easy and cheap, but they are solid as

In many ways they are cheaper than owning a PatrolCruiser

Been in the scrub a few times and its a very good machine on the fire trails and tricky stuff

If he was local, one thing you probably wouldn't need to be concerned about is how much beach work it had done.

If he was local, one thing you probably wouldn't need to be concerned about is how much beach work it had done.

Little bit of surface rust in the back, but nothing 2 cans of fish oil cant fix :)

Ally panels help as well :)

Ford XF sedan for $700.
Blue heeler for $300.

I've managed to spend a lot more on both since but on the day, great value.

Little bit of surface rust in the back, but nothing 2 cans of fish oil cant fix :)

Ally panels help as well :)

Nice. Apparently those rear skylights are notorious for leaking. So if it gets stinky back there, that could be the culprit.

Now you can purchase a country estate, tweed jacket, side by side shotgun and go hunting grouse on weekends.

Used to borrow a 1 tonne hydraulic pallet stacker from the factory next door to mine, when they moved they didn't want to take it with them. Asked me if I wanted to buy it, offered them $50, not happy but they accepted, the new people who moved into the factory used to come and borrow it from me, they asked me if I was interested in selling it as we barely used it, sold it for $800 on the proviso I could borrow it when I needed it. Win win. :)

Nice. Apparently those rear skylights are notorious for leaking. So if it gets stinky back there, that could be the culprit.

Now you can purchase a country estate, tweed jacket, side by side shotgun and go hunting grouse on weekends.

mmmm...hunting...maybe I can go chase Quail :)

Used to borrow a 1 tonne hydraulic pallet stacker from the factory next door to mine, when they moved they didn't want to take it with them. Asked me if I wanted to buy it, offered them $50, not happy but they accepted, the new people who moved into the factory used to come and borrow it from me, they asked me if I was interested in selling it as we barely used it, sold it for $800 on the proviso I could borrow it when I needed it. Win win. :)

Looks like you have had your Alan Bond

Got a 2016 cannondale bad boy, barely ridden, for $250 last week. Weather has been too crap to ride it yet though.

Twas an ebay auction. Was sitting at $10 all week. I sniped it but was expecting it to go for a couple of hundred.
Pissed myself laughing when i won the auction for that price.

Sellers just wanted it gone so they are happy they dont have to pull it down and dispose of it.

Twas an ebay auction. Was sitting at $10 all week. I sniped it but was expecting it to go for a couple of hundred.
Pissed myself laughing when i won the auction for that price.

Sellers just wanted it gone so they are happy they dont have to pull it down and dispose of it.
Yeah and just how are you going to take it away . Did you buy a big trailer after you sold your boat ?

Already pulled it apart yesterday.

Half day hire of a car trailer next will get it home.

All i need now are some helpers to lift the panels onto the trailer....

Volunteers are welcome

Back