The beginning of a new era!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dae Tripper

Reaction score
Hi All

I am Dale and live in Singleton NSW and wanted to say g'day to you all as I will be using this site a bit from now on. There is heaps of good info here and can't wait to put it all into practice.
As a long time beer fan I was put off home brew early on from my brothers attempt. But recently I have been shown you can make a good brew from home so I am really keen to see Father's day (new brew kit day) to join your quest of brewfrection.
You may see I have a WTB corny kegs post already and if you can help me out with that would be great.
Here is a pic of my most manly thing in the house of late. IMG_20140823_181312.jpg

Welcome mate. Not sure if there are shops in singo but there is a good one in maitland from all reports. I was up your way today and the new expressway cuts the trip to about 30 minutes to Maitland.

Plenty of helpful blokes and good topics on here to read.

Craftbrewer is the cheapest I've seen online for cornies.

Yeah there is a lhbs in Singo, but I'd follow Moads suggestion and head to Countrybrewer(?) I think it is.

When I was doing a bit of work at one of the open cuts I stopped in at the Singo brew shop on my way home, had a bit of a look around and a bit of a chat to the bloke working there.... opted to just wait until I got back to Newy to buy supplies.

Check out gumtree as well for kegs, might get lucky! All the best mate and happy brewing.

Hey mate, welcome to the forum. Must be cold in singo this time of year? (great for lagering)

Bloody froze my tits off when I was at the school of cool in winter 2007.

Plenty of info on the forum to be absorbed, if you have any questions do a quick search and you'll likely find somebody else has had the same quest for info. Failing that, ask away and you'll generally find that most are here to help and we all love a beer!!

Happy Brewing :icon_chickcheers:

Cheers lads. Gotta love that new expressway! Takes heaps of time off traveling to lake Macquarie.
Been checking out the tree a lot lately but nothing close yet. Just got my home brew kit from the guy at singo. Seems good to me but might have to go to Maitland for a better range of beer gear. See how it goes.
It is actually warming up a fair bit here. It was a bit of a shock moving from Brisbane!

G'day mate,

welcome to the forum. Great resource and good chat.

If you get the bug bad (like most of us), you'll find you're going to end up ordering a lot of stuff online. I live in Sydney and find it very difficult to find everything i need for almost anything brew related at any LHBS. Get familiar with the sponsors websites and also its worth a look overseas for certain things.

having said this, most local store owners are friendly and happy to answer questions. Also, if there's something you need in a pinch, you'll have to duck out to the closest one. If you move to kegging, you probably wont be ordering CO2 cylinders to be delivered to your door.

Good luck with it. Happy brewing, pal.

Welcome onboard mate! It's an awesome hobby.

My only advice to start with, there are so many ingredients and methods. Take the time learn them by not making broad, sweeping changes from brew to brew.

If you're able to jump in with all grain, Brew In A Bag brewing, all the more power to you.

Dae Tripper said:
Here is a pic of my most manly thing in the house of late.
attachicon.gif
IMG_20140823_181312.jpg
Are you someone who likes to tinker and build yourself?

If so , you will find this a very rewarding hobby indeed... if not, you may find this a very expensive hobby as well as rewarding :D

er... not that that wont happen anyway :lol:

you can get some blackboard paint for that fridge, comes up a treat.

fridge.jpg

I am sure I will be using all my resources to get what I need for brewing, weather it's on the net or a dash down to the LHBS. But for now I will just be doing kits or wort kits till I feel like taking the plunge into All Grain.

Guilty of being the tinkering sort. Just bought an STC-1000 before I read all the good things on here about them. Does anyone know how reliable the contacts in them are? I was thinking of using some little relays so the STC-1000 does not have to switch the load of a compressor when summer comes round.

Good idea for the blackboard paint Yob, looks great too. I am just using a whiteboard marker at the moment.

Currently I am soaking my fermenter before my first brew. Might start brewing tomorrow YAY!

Spiesy : Can you tell me more about using your BRIESS MALT EXTRACT CBW® BAVARIAN WHEAT. It's the kind of beer I will likely to be doing for a while.

Just mixed up my first brew! YAY!
It was a Bavarian Wheat beer by Mangrove Jacks in one of those pouches.
I changed around the instructions a little, I just couldn't help myself. It should come out fine. Used Aldi spring water, was that a good idea?

it will be fine as the water affects the mash enzymes etc, that has already been done for you so using spring water should improve it I'd say. Someone more knowledgeable than me will comment on that.

I did a MJ pouch (stout) and it came out ok, a bit sweet but it may have been that I didn't let it ferment out properly as I was pushing it through for a boys night.

I meant to come back to this thread last night, there are a heap of kegs on Gumtree in Singleton.

Hi Moad. Improved hey, that sounds good to me. Can you swing me some links please? I can't seem to find them.

If you start to get interested in a brew club, the Hunter United Brewers meet at Hamilton North Bowlo on the 3rd Friday each month.

You can check us out on Facebook, including any current styles for tasting and meeting dates.

Would be good to see you there.

Maybe we can put you in touch with other brewers in Singleton if you're keen to sit in on an all-grain brew day?

Hi Les, I doubt I will me able to make it to your brew club, shift work makes that sort of stuff almost impossible. However I would like to sit in on an all grain brew day up here.
Will certainly check out the Facebook page too.

I have flagged your interest in a brew day in Singleton, and added a new topic to the Hunter United Brewers forum.

Any chance you can get to Bitter and Twisted (first weekend in November, at Maitland Gaol)?
We will be holding an all-grain brew day on at least the Saturday, with a chance to actually take the brew home at the end of the day.

Welcome to the fold.

Hey Les, off topic but what will you be brewing on at B&T?

If it is a BM and you aren't affiliated with a shop could I put up a little sign to sell my BM (if it isn't gone). I'll there on the Saturday I think.

All good if not...

Cheers

Latest posts

Back