The Bar Sunday Sesh In Creswick

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, thought I'd killed my beer fridge today! All sorted and things are fine. I have a keg of ESB that is for the beer engine. Tried it last night and it didn't thrill me so here's hoping it improves. Also got 18L of my 'Bob Brown' that's done the rounds before. Smelt good outta the fermenter, should be nice on sunday.

I did have some Oktoberfest. But now I don't... :p

Lads.. I'm a definite no show for this one. May the beer flow well!

Lads.. I'm a definite no show for this one. May the beer flow well!

I'm going to miss you!

Just drop off 6 or 8 long necks of your bright ale at my place sometime during the week...it'll be as if you were there in spirit... :p

I tried the AIPA last night - bit dissappointed actually, mashed lowish and used a bit of dex as per one of the CYBI episodes (Lagunitas I think) and while some of my previous ones have perhaps had a touch too much body, this one is too thin, way too thin in the mouth for a beer of its abv. It would be fine if it was %4.5 pale ale, but it is %7. Oops. I'll try another pint or two this arvo at flameout just to make sure. I'll be bringing it regardless...

okay,

An email has been sent giving you all directions. If for some reason you didn't get one, let me know via pm.

I think I've already mentioned this to some of you. With the due date of baby number 1 fast approaching I don't think I'll be able to make it this Sunday. Will see how I go, if I do make it I won't be able to drink (much) :( and will be driving. Wife is keen to have me on stand by.

No worries herbo.

Be great if you can make it but can totally understand why you may not!

If we don't see you, hope everything goes well with the delivery. Not that you have much to do with that particular event anyways... ;)

Make sure you let us know when your brewing assistant arrives :beer:

I think I've already mentioned this to some of you. With the due date of baby number 1 fast approaching I don't think I'll be able to make it this Sunday. Will see how I go, if I do make it I won't be able to drink (much) :( and will be driving. Wife is keen to have me on stand by.

Best of luck with the Bubs. You'll be off the .05 diet in no time.

I think I've already mentioned it to some of you, but for those of you South of me: if some of you want to get dropped at my place, my gf can drive from my place to Creswick (and then the opposite direction around 5.30/6pm). Please feel free to contact me ASAP if that would be of any use to you (as I've already made the offer to the Vics and Pommiegranite but I'm not sure if they are taking me up on it). So I'm thinking it might be useful for Mesa? Maybe Beastie?

I've got a ride thanks knackers.

Will only be there around 3 hours the kids will want to get home

Jerky is made I'm bringing some aged beer oatmeal stout and a bottle of dark amnesia 10%
at least 4 years old now still good and a some fresh wiezen and very fresh APA

Catch y'all der

Jerky is made I'm bringing some aged beer oatmeal stout and a bottle of dark amnesia 10%
at least 4 years old now still good and a some fresh wiezen and very fresh APA

Just reading that makes me thirsty!!!

edit: best wheat beer (for my palate) that I have tasted so far in my cumulative experience on this earth was your American Wheat. That truly blew me away as a 'home brew'.

Thanks Wakka!!! The numbers were down but the beers were great...and the smokey, sticky, juicy chicken wings were awesome.

Vic45 - magnificent mongrel ale
Pommiegranite - regardless of its over excitement the mild was delicious
Kleiny - that aged dark thing was great, the wheat was fantastic (as a non-wheat beer fan), and they jerky was as good as I remembered it
Wakkatoo - the hand pump worked a treat, that ESB done again with some different spec malts will be a great drop. The brown was surprisingly refreshing as well (again not my fave style), and the shed is fantastic...

Things ended up very hazy for me once I got home...I knew making a %7.7 beer that drinks like a %4 beer was a stupid idea. :blink:

Cheers again...now we wait for the next host to present themselves and a date....

Thanks wakka for the hospitality

Wings on the drum smoker where great, vic45's galaxy/ammarillo mix and the wheat mix where great beers as was 10min from lecter and brown by wakka.

Good beer allround makes it a great arvo, if i could have stayed on bit longer i would have for sure

Kleiny

no worries fellas, was a good arvo.

You were not alone in things being hazy Lecterfan ;)

Might have to do some cooking on that smoker - wings were good weren't they!

Another great B.A.R. get together, some really great beers and chicken wings( sorry Deano).

Things learned yesterday- must build a smoker and brew a Belgian dark strong to put away.

Cheers Wakka

Back