The BAR in Creswick

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wakkatoo

The Sneaky Monk
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've said recently that I'll put my hand up for the next BAR gathering so read on if interested:

I've been given the green light by SWMBO to have a saturday night gathering at my place in Creswick. Whilst the date is yet to be 100% confirmed, we have pencilled in Saturday, April 6th (I will confirm later this week).
I was going to do it earlier however february and march look pretty full for me with weddings, birthdays etc, and then bloody easter gets in the way! So April the 6th will be the earliest (pencil it in).

A discussion between Billygoat, Lecterfan and myself last friday was around how to encourage more people to host, and to maike it a little easier on them.
The BAR group is getting a little bigger and in the past having a group of blokes over has been a whole heap of fun, but the host does put a hell of a lot of work into feeding and entertaining the troops so in order to help ease the load (and to encourage others), we are going to put a small 'cover charge' on those attending future BAR get-togethers. The amount will be $10 per person and that will help the host with food costs etc. We all thought $10 for a night out that included a beer-friendly meal, accomodation (space for a swag!) and even breakfast the next day was pretty reasonable.

So I'll be firing up the pizza oven, may even have the smoker going. Those staying the night will have bacon and eggs ready at a time I feel capable of cooking them!

And just so we go the whole-hog, lets make it a swap! Bring 12 bottles of your finest and make sure the lid's are numbered with your swap number. You don't need to swap to attend.

Think that covers it all, if not I'll put it up.

I've done a fair bit of work around the house so I'm keen to have a good night and keep the clean-up to a minimum. For that reason, we will be outside, and undercover if the weather is dodgy. For those staying, I can offer some floor space in the rumpus room and will also have a couple of tents set up - you will need to bring the mattress / sleeping bag.

Given it will be a footy day, and many of us havimg to attend local games we will kick off at 5.00pm. No point turning up earlier, I may not be there!

So, cut and paste the next post, filling in the blanks that apply.

Cheers

Wakkatoo

(Cut and paste all of this post) Saturday, April 6th 2013. $10pp to cover food etc

Swapper / attendance / staying the night
1. Wakkatoo / yep / yep

Non-swap attendees (please indicate if you are staying the night)

(Cut and paste all of this post) Saturday, April 6th 2013. $10pp to cover food etc

1. Wakkatoo / yep / yep
2. Lecterfan / fuggoath / unlikely

Lecterfan said:

1. Wakkatoo / yep / yep
3. billygoat/ yes/yes

wapper / attendance / staying the night
1. Wakkatoo / yep / yep
3. billygoat/ yes/yes
4.Beastie /yes/unlikely,

Long time reader, first time Attendee & Swapper...

1. Wakkatoo / yep / yep
3. billygoat/ yes/yes
4.Beastie /yes/unlikely,
5. Nibbo / Yes / Likely

Cheers Nibbo, will be good to put a face to the (user)name.

Just confirming that April 6th is a goer.

1. Wakkatoo / yep / yep
3. billygoat/ yes/yes
4.Beastie /yes/unlikely,
5. Nibbo / Yes / Likely

Saturday, April 6th 2013. $10pp to cover food etc

1. Wakkatoo / yep / yep
3. billygoat/ yes/yes
4.Beastie /yes/unlikely,
5. Nibbo / Yes / Likely
6. vic45 / Yeah / Nah

1. Wakkatoo / yep / yep

3. billygoat/ yes/yes

4.Beastie /yes/unlikely,

5. Nibbo / Yes / Likely

6. vic45 / Yeah / Nah

7. herbo / yes / negative

1. Wakkatoo / yep / yep
3. billygoat/ yes/yes
4.Beastie /yes/unlikely,
5. Nibbo / Yes / Likely
6. vic45 / Yeah / Nah

Just tidying it up. Glad you can make it herbo, was saying the other day I reackon it was about beer festival time last year I saw you.

1. Wakkatoo / yep / yep
3. billygoat/ yes/yes
4.Beastie /yes/unlikely,
5. Nibbo / Yes / Likely
6. vic45 / Yeah / Nah

1. mesa99 / Likely

wakkatoo said:
Saturday, April 6th 2013. $10pp to cover food etcSwapper / attendance / staying the night1. Wakkatoo / yep / yep 2. Lecterfan / fuggoath / unlikely3. billygoat/ yes/yes4.Beastie /yes/unlikely, 5. Nibbo / Yes / Likely6. vic45 / Yeah / Nah7. herbo / yes / negative8.9.10.11.12.Non-swap attendees (please indicate if you are staying the night)1.Just tidying it up. Glad you can make it herbo, was saying the other day I reackon it was about beer festival time last year I saw you.
Yeah been laying low, sort of.

Harder to get out nowadays. Was wondering if the child care will be open on the 6th? Will be easier too stay longer then :) ha ha

Off topic, the new AHB struggles. Where the hell have the smiley face things gone??
Edit: and my quoted text looks crap too!

herbo said:
Yeah been laying low, sort of.

Harder to get out nowadays. Was wondering if the child care will be open on the 6th? Will be easier too stay longer then :) ha ha

Off topic, the new AHB struggles. Where the hell have the smiley face things gone??
Edit: and my quoted text looks crap too!
:D :) :chug: :ph34r: :lol: :p :unsure: :huh: :blink: etc etc etc

Now Herbo, I thought they'd keep you up to date and tech-savy in your job???

I like the new AHB for what it's worth. I might even become a 'pro'.

Lecterfan said:
:D :) :chug: :ph34r: :lol: :p :unsure: :huh: :blink: etc etc etc

Now Herbo, I thought they'd keep you up to date and tech-savy in your job???
I like the new AHB for what it's worth. I might even become a 'pro'.
You're kidding, tech savvy... I almost need a crane to lift my 10 year old Dell work laptop out of the docking station! We're still running running the oldest version of MS office known to man and they make us use Internet explorer 6!

I still can't see the where to use the emoticons. I'm using an iPad, maybe they're a flash thing? Doesn't matter, I'll work it out one day.

ah, they all show up on PC. Nowhere to be seen on iPad :huh:

Better get started on this swap beer, probably nothing out of the ordinary but I can say it will contain American hops. I have a freezer full of them :icon_cheers: :icon_drunk: :icon_chickcheers:

Calm down big fella! Haha - got any enormous pumpkins we can turn into beer this year?

Edit: Yes herbo, I also have a pile of US hops - not sure what I'm going to brew yet, maybe a hoppy Am brown or something. I'll think about it in a fortnight probably.

1. Wakkatoo / yep / yep
3. billygoat/ yes/yes
4.Beastie /yes/unlikely,
5. Nibbo / Yes / Likely
6. vic45 / Yeah / Nah

1. mesa99 / Likely

Back