The Ashes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRAD T

Reaction score
I was talking to a Pom last nite who assures me that England will win The Ashes 4-1. Now I know why I brew my own beer, the must put something in the megaswill that performs a chemical lobotomy, after all he was drinking Tooheys New!

BRAD T said:
I was talking to a Pom last nite who assures me that England will win The Ashes 4-1. Now I know why I brew my own beer, the must put something in the megaswill that performs a chemical lobotomy, after all he was drinking Tooheys New!
[post="71532"][/post]​
Sounds alright to me 4-1 is what I have on at the bookies. :super:

I think we (The Poms) have got the advantage in the third test, if we can put another 100 runs on tonight then I think the Aussie's will struggle to reach that target.
You should of left sicknote on the subs bench. :D

Briz,
Don't get me wrong I have nothing against English People, my parents were both Geordies. But seriously 4-1.

Cheers
Brad T

BRAD T said:
Briz,
Don't get me wrong I have nothing against English People, my parents were both Geordies. But seriously 4-1.

Cheers
Brad T
[post="71544"][/post]​
Well, I would of thought 5-0 but that has gone. :p

You haven't been drinking XXXX have you.

Cheers

Brad I think you may have had a few to many home brews cause i'm sure he would have said that Australia was going to win 4-1 and he probably mumbled something that tooheys new is the best beer in the world!

Was he drinking it warm?

Kramer,
All I had last nite was a couple of Coopers Sparkling Ale, HONEST!!!

It is about time we beat you at something...Oh, I almost forgot that game of rugger a few years back. :lol:

I am looking forward to Flintoff's knock tonight, he is turning into a real good all rounder.

Briz, I must agree, Flintoff wasuperb in the 2nd Test. Both sides are fortunate that their Bowlers are so handy with the willow.

Cheers
Brad T

Looks like 2-1 from where I am standing. :beerbang:

Australian batting collapse? :D

The world's a cruel p[lace - As a confirmed "pom" supporter in australia, I continually get abuse everytime the poms lose, & now when I'm here in "old blighty" I get it in the neck as the poms win!!! Last time here, it was the rugby!!! All I get is "sure...sure" when I stress my allegiance....

Ross said:
The world's a cruel p[lace - As a confirmed "pom" supporter in australia, I continually get abuse everytime the poms lose, & now when I'm here in "old blighty" I get it in the neck as the poms win!!! Last time here, it was the rugby!!! All I get is "sure...sure" when I stress my allegiance....
[post="71700"][/post]​
Looks like the ashes are going home. :super: For once the Aussies are relying on the weather.

bah.. talk it up all you want poms, we'll still win the ashes. there are still 2 games after this one and we can still win this one too. don't cont your chickens yet!

Thanks Coodgee,
I was beginning to feel alone out here.

Cheers
Brad T

I note with interest the parallel drawn between the Rugby World Cup, and this Ashes series.

I reckon it would almost be worth letting the Poms have the Ashes, and then watch the humiliation of them not winning another game for 2 years!

M

woooo hoooo!!!!!!

We didn't even lost this test match. It's still 1-1, with 2 to go. Fantastic knock from Ponting, and Lee and McGrath were steady to last the final 4 overs or so.

I shall now cue up some old vinyl for all you poms: Milli Vanilli - blame it on the rain!

Couldn't believe it... with 90 to get off 70 odd balls, Punter and Warne tried upping the pace and have an outside bet at winning the bloody thing!

Staying up all night makes for a long working day today though <_<

Now Australia only need to win one of the last 2 tests to retain the Ashes.

Go you good thing!

I wonder who will replace Dizzy? If the Pup cant get his back in order, what's the chance of dragging in Symonds? Gives you a spin and medium pace option with the ball, and an equally capable No 5/6.

M

Big psychological boost for the Aussies to save this last Test. Now they need to regroup but I reckon a couple of the batsmen may be a little nervous about their spots - Katich and (dare we say it) Gilchrist. I'm a big fan of Gillie but if he's not making runs he starts to look a bit of a liability.

Rob,

Probably everybody is a big fan of Gillie, bear in mind though with the Oz side it's harder to get out than what it is to get in.

Half their problem is they're playing blokes too far into their 30s these days. IMO they need to be blooding more up-and-comers it's going to be too late soon.

Warren -

Back