The Ahb Co2 Cylinder

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 384

Reaction score
OK I've found a manufacturer and distributor for CO2 bottles and they make them for the Australian market, Luxfer Gas Cylinders. Is anyone keen to try an organise a bulk order for AHB members?

I don't see why we can't do this, there are already filling stations prepared to fill private bottles. Let's be market leaders instead of just taking what's on offer from other suppliers!

http://www.luxfercylinders.com/products/be...iapacific.shtml

Cheers
MAH

Could be interested in one of these, main thing would be being sure I could get a refill in WA. 6kg or so would be a good size and hopefully the fire ex places wouldn't have a problem filling them given they are a similar size to the extinguishers?

Any idea what these are worth?

Nice and shiney too MAH....

I think we would also need to find a reliable source of valves to suit... something that will be filled by either the big players or the fire extinguisher mobs all over the country. I think that systems involving a series of brass fitting to get to a valve are inherent problems when it comes to refilling.

dreamboat

Interest here MAH, pending details of course. :)

MCWB said:
Interest here MAH, pending details of course. :)
ditto.
Keen on the VT/CA9 size (10kg).
Does anyone know of the filling station in Sydney ?

Doc

I would be in if the price is right otherwise I will get a an extinguisher, I wonder what the valve is worth??

ausdb

Sounds Great, as long as I can find someone nirth brisbane to fill her up for me.

!

MAH - how does the pricing of these cylinders cf with say Goliath's for $120 or converting a fire extinguisher, such as the one you have already. what size r u thinkin about for the bulk buy?

youve got my attention mah.
very interested.

cheers
big d

Hmm... So you're saying that if I got one of these bottle thingies, and connected it to the thingyamyjigs I blindly got from Roach, and added some other GMK Enterprises thingies, I could stop washing bottles? Sounds like a fine idea to me.

Doc [/QUOTE]
You HAD to ask that question????? ;)

Linz said:

Doc
You HAD to ask that question????? ;) [/quote]
Yes I did. Got an answer ???

Doc

As I am setting up a kegging system as I speak, this thread was of particular interest.

I rang Luxfer cylinders in Sydney to find out that they used to manufacture here but have recently stopped due to high costs etc.

They are currently importing 10lb cylinders from the US and they will convert to take all Aussie regs etc. Only prob is they only take orders by the pallet (72 cylinders) and the cost works out at approx $350 ea.

I thanked her very much for her help and have since moved on.

Cheers

quincy said:
Only prob is they only take orders by the pallet (72 cylinders) and the cost works out at approx $350 ea.
:eek: What the? :eek:

quincy said:
They are currently importing 10lb cylinders from the US and they will convert to take all Aussie regs etc
This sounds interesting and raises some questions from another thread. Can we buy a US cylinder ourselves and then source the correct valve for the stem, which would allow us to use an Aussie reg.

From what I've found so far we would need a valve with a 1.125-12UNF-2B for the tank side to AS2473 Type 30 (0.860" - 14TPI RH Int) for an Aussie reg to attach.

You could then get a nice shiny aluminium 10lbs bottle for $80, plus postage, then the cost of the valve.

Anyone have any ideas/contacts to suss out the required valve?

Cheers
MAH

Just bringing this to the top again, hoping someone might be able to help sourcing the valves.

Cheers
MAH

Luxfer can't help with the valve adapters. I have spoken to a company in Sydney that have said they would not have a problem with making up something but would need to know how many etc before they could give me a price.

Their "guru" is not in today - so I will call back on Monday. As I'm seriously challenged in this area (I'm a desk jockey) I will quote him your specs MAH and see what happens.

I understand that all this depends on pretty much price but - interest level so far ?????

I guess he can quote to make say 1, 5, 20 etc and maybe confirm the real iterest at that point ???

What do ya reckon ??

Back