That Brewery Game

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know what would be great....Micro Brewing Tycoon!
This will do for now I guess, thanks for the link.

Micro Brew Tycoon, I love it. But I bet that name is under somebody's license.

Sorry to dredge up an old thread but I thought it better to do that then start a new one. I am the developer of ThatBreweryGame.com (TBG) and I am still trying to make my rounds through the various brewing forums out there, busy, busy, busy. Anyway we have added a lot of cool stuff to the game since tones (Hiya Bud!) first mentioned the game here. In particular our happy hours and raffle prizes are popular. We have over 1000 registered brewers now and you just missed our celebration of 100,000 virtual beers sold, so the place is hopping. Check it out!

Robc.

The URL on your ad-image is wrong... here's a t.

Thanks Mr. Wibble, I know just what to do with that 't' ! Guess I was tired when I put it together, now if I can just figure out how to edit the post, surprised that I don't see that as an option even though I do seem to have the option to delete it.

Thanks Mr. Wibble, I know just what to do with that 't' ! Guess I was tired when I put it together, now if I can just figure out how to edit the post, surprised that I don't see that as an option even though I do seem to have the option to delete it.

Yes it is one of the oddities of this forum you only have a certain length of time after making a post to be able to edit it.
You can delete at any time.

Yeah, guess I am just going to have to leave it as is and be more careful next time.

Would someone like to explain the object/purpose/design/reason behind/for the 'game'?
I guess I'm used to killing or blowing shit up, which happens in most computer games, so didn't make any sense of the website/game when I visited the website.

Looks like he's aiming for "Farmville for Blokes(tm)", Wolfy.

Farmville don't sound like you can blow-shit-up either ... not very blokey if you ask me!

I don't recall blowing shit up in Leisure Suit Larry either but that game was pretty blokey.

Would someone like to explain the object/purpose/design/reason behind/for the 'game'?
I guess I'm used to killing or blowing shit up, which happens in most computer games, so didn't make any sense of the website/game when I visited the website.

Sure, I'll do my best to explain it. It is a cross between Farmville (or any other Facebook-like game) and nothing you have ever seen before.

You advance in the game by brewing virtual beer, you start with a garage brewery and work your way up to micro, full brewery, and eventually to a mega-brewery. It is not a fast paced game, one batch of beer takes 24 real hours to brew. So you have to come back day after day. Brewing requires you to create a recipe, handle the mash temperatures, handle the boil temperatures, decided when to add hops and finally ferment and condition (including optional bottle conditioning) You can upgrade your brewery with additional fermentation tanks and other stuff as you go. You make 'brew money' for upgrades by selling beer. The in-game pub is a social place to do just that. While in the pub you do silly stuff, collect coins and other stuff (Facebook-like) at the same time while you are in the pub you unlock additional brewing ingredients, better malts, hops, yeast, etc. so you can improve your beer quality. You buy beer by farming and then selling barley and hops to yourself or to fellow brewers for 'beer money'. The other cool thing about the game is that you can upload your own label images and assign them to your virtual beers. Try different images to see what sells.

As long as you understand that this is not a quick pace, blow shit up game... but a slow, grow your brewery over time game, I think it will make more sense to you. Let me know if I can answer other questions. Many of the features in the game were suggested by the players. I take suggestions seriously and incorporate as many into new patches as I can. The game is browser based and free to play, if you want to make more than one style of beer then you have to pay.

Robc.

Thanks Robc, I've never seen Farmville or played any Facebook-like-game, because I don't have a Facebook account - so I didn't know what to expect.
But the concept sounds like some Facebook-Zombie-game that SWMBO plays, especially the slow game play, and likely amount of time consuming clicking to do stuff and progress further in the game - so I guess they are all much the same with this one focused on blokey brewing beer. :)
Good luck with it. :beer:

Yeah, you pretty much pegged it :rolleyes: , but people are having a great time with it all the same. Especially the brewing part! Thanks for the well wishes. Cheers.

There is a Bier Tycoon game out there as well. You choose whether you'll be a British, German or Belgian brewer and pick the size of the operation: micro or massive. It was made in 2007 - pics here. If anyone works out how to get people to buy or drink their beer in the game they'd be doing better than me.

Don't play this game on the iPhone! I'm so frustrated right now from hitting banner adds because the page reloads every 2 seconds and the bubble I was typing text into vanishes and I'm pressing an ad aaarrrggghhhhh!!!

Don't play this game on the iPhone! I'm so frustrated right now from hitting banner adds because the page reloads every 2 seconds and the bubble I was typing text into vanishes and I'm pressing an ad aaarrrggghhhhh!!!
Sorry about that experience Wort, it wasn't designed for the phone but alot of people do play it on their phones and tablets and report that things work fine. I don't know what platforms it works on and what it does not. I do know that I have a mobile compatible version planned for production which should eliminate the kind of problems that you describe.

zxhoons said:
aye but there was still some bangs

I recall alot of banging going on in that game! :D

Back