Tf Amber Malt

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wedge

Reaction score
Ok heres another question. what is the deal with this grain. i assume it is similar to chocalate malt just not as roasted.

I figure it would have the same chocale flavour but without the bite. I was thinking of using this in a brown ale instead of the chocolate malt.

While im at it..... :p what is the deal with caraamber. Is this just a caramel Amber malt. Similar in all ways only crystal.

How about caraaroma and carafa special can someone out there give us a description, i'm sur im not the only one to wonder what this is? :chug:

Cheers that helps. i never relised the carafa specials where so dark!

its funny i've concentrated so much since i started doing AG on hop flavour i really have ignore the different grains.

wedge said:
its funny i've concentrated so much since i started doing AG on hop flavour i really have ignore the different grains.
easily done wedge. im just as guilty and still using extracts!!! with all the wonders of hops, i may never go all-grain completely.
joe

Wedge, Amber malts have a signiture biscuity flavour/aroma and are nothing like Chocolate malt. Call it a very mild roast.

Wes

Back