texas tea, we love our oil

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougsbrew

Beer Sloth
Reaction score
Dubai Police announced today that it had added a Lamborghini Aventador to its fleet of police vehicles.
The 700-horsepower patrol car, which has been customised for highway patrols, can reach a top speed of 350km/h and came with a $520,000 price tag.
The police force said its enhanced ability for patrolling and high-speed chases justified the purchase, in a city where 15 percent of all traffic fines are for driving at speeds in excess of 200km/h.
1204_lambo_sp_zpsb4fd99f0.jpg

Ha Ha the traffic police would be better off on Ducati motorbikes the traffic jams in Dubai are horrendous. All the highways in and out of the emirate have speed cameras every few kilometres.

BTW the cops drive Mercedes Benz and Honda Bikes no cheap shit in one of the richest countries.

And yet as Top Gear has proved, it won't keep up with a modified Evo or Skyline
A bloke on a Subaru forums I used to read works in Dubai, he bought a rediculously modified WRX owned by some sort of Sheikh dude
The Sheikh had seen Ken Block's videos and wanted to do the same, so he bought an STI WRX, sent the engine over to the US to get the same guys who tune Block's engine with instructions to make it even more powerful, but he got bored of it and went back to uphill sand drags a few months later
the Aussie guy bought it for $20k AUD and claims it's beaten every single super car that's tried to drag him, on the track and on the streets (and now he's looking at bringing it back home with him)
As long as there are people out there with rediculous amounts of cash and an interest in tuning, the cops will never keep up

if he brings it back to queensland, old mate turtle newman will take it off him pretty quick.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/226443/queensland-passes-nations-toughest-anti-hoon-laws/

'Under the new stricter two-strike policy, those who commit Type 1 offences, which include dangerously operating a motor vehicle, racing and participating in speed trials on roads, wilfully starting a motor vehicle or driving a motor vehicle in a way that makes unnecessary noise or smoke, and evading police, will have their cars taken off the road for 90 days for a first offence and confiscated and either sold or crushed if a second hooning offence is committed within a five-year period."

That burnout rule is pretty mean to people with button clutches, burnouts are inevitable with them

I'm not even slightly a rev head but I think it's bloody ridiculous. There's so much room for police interpretation, "you wilfully started your car in a way that made unnecessary noise". Nek minnit they have your car for 3 months. Encounter the same cop again and they take it off you and sell it.

I can't understand why this isn't being extended to serial drink drivers and road ragers
they're causing a whole lot more road accidents than the "hoons" are

sp0rk said:
I can't understand why this isn't being extended to serial drink drivers
then how would the cops get home from their after work drinks.....

I guess the cops need to move fast in a place where they still publicly execute people for crimes like witchcraft, sedition, blasphemy, homosexuality (consensual, mind you) and fornication. Wouldn't want any of that kind of carry on going unpunished.

Honestly. They're like a bunch of ******* thirteen year olds with an open cheque book.

sp0rk said:
That burnout rule is pretty mean to people with button clutches, burnouts are inevitable with them
As someone who used to own a virtually stock VL-t except for the 3" exhaust and brass button clutch (and a little bit of a bleed on the wastegate...) I'd agree with this.
Mind you I did drive it like I stole it like a true P plater with a $3500 shit box that would embarrass middle aged HSV drivers in the traffic light grand prix without breaking a sweat.

I'm in two minds over the hoon laws in someways I agree with them as there are some bloody morons out there cutting hoops with pedestrians all around. But then some bloke popping a little cheeky skid in his weekender with no one around?...

Tropical_Brews said:
Ha Ha the traffic police would be better off on Ducati motorbikes the traffic jams in Dubai are horrendous. All the highways in and out of the emirate have speed cameras every few kilometres.

BTW the cops drive Mercedes Benz and Honda Bikes no cheap shit in one of the richest countries.
Have you been to Dubai?
Ducatis don't have air conditioning.

mikec said:
Have you been to Dubai?
Yes many many times and there are plenty of cops on motorbikes the only way to beat the traffic jams.
Ducatis have air conditioning the faster you go the cooler the air is. Dubai only gets into the 40sC in Summer.

mikec said:
Have you been to Dubai?
Mesh jackets and pants without liners are pretty great once you get moving

Gets to more than 40C in Dubai. Well more.

My first time there I thought the heat at the airport was from jet exhaust ... at 2am.

Usually the low 40s during summer Quote:The spokesperson said Dubai's highest temperature ever, recorded on August 9, and August 15 in 1999, was 47.5 degrees.

You get some moderation due to proximity to the Gulf. Humidity is the killer though.

at least you could cool off in a 'carbon neutral ' ski park after a hot day on the ducati.
kind of looks like a suspended penis weighted down with earthly goodness doesnt it?

dubai_ski01.jpg

main.jpg

Fun fact, I assembled and packed the majority of the air heaters for that place
That's right, air heaters in Dubai...

"Only 2.4 million you say, better get it gold plated, oh, and buy the company who does the gold plating, then buy the mine where they dig up the gold. Now, I'm off for a tuareg tea'

SuperStock_1589R-62807.jpg

gold-buggati-gumball-3000_QZdDk_48.jpg

Begging to get keyed.

Back