Terry Pratchett Discworld Movie now on SMH TV

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
The 2008 mini series "Colour of Magic" based on a couple of TP's books now showing on SMH TV.

Read a few of his books a couple of years ago - enjoyed them but not quite to my style, found the ones after Going Postal to be a bit silly and tedious.

However for those several Pratchett fans on the forum I reckon this TV adaption is pretty neat, good quality production and good pic quality, and Rincewind is just like I pictured him :lol:

SMH tv site currently having problems (sound familiar???? :p ) try later, watched the first half hour and will catch up tonite.

Nice. Will add this to the list of must see programs I'm amassing. Thanks for the link.

:icon_offtopic: I think I had a PC game based on this years ago. Recently found a website (gog.com) that has a host of old games I played as a teen for relatively cheap.

Did not know this was thing.

If anyone has has magnets, post them up.

Bribie's linked worked (despite his warnings).

Ignore my previous post.

One of the grandkids asked me about the discworld movie the other day. They loved it on telly a few years ago. I read any book i see that has Pratchet on the cover. Just finished a book of his short stories the other day.

there is also a second movie, a lot darker than the first, i don't recall the name though

I got tge title wrong and downloaded discworld movie. Will have to get this now also.

They also made Hogfather and Going Postal few years back. And way before that there were some animated versions of Wierd Sisters and Soul Music.

They are all available online if you know where to look...

Been trying to watch the hosted movie there in the link, but it chops and changes. I think it's highlights or something as the storyline isn't linear.

Maybe it's my computer, but every now and then it'll stop and have a think and restart somewhere else

I think it's chopping out the ad breaks in the original, SMH tv serves a few ads but nowhere near as many as on FTA or Poxtel.

Back