Terrible Ramp Times With Sestos Pid - Any Help Appreciated

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingbrownbrewing

Reaction score
Hey guys, doing my maiden run on my new system and the Sestos PIDs are having a terrible time ramping up...
It has got 1 degree over the last 10 minutes which is pathetic.
With the same elements using my old STC 1000 I was getting 2 degrees a minute.
I'm guessing I have done something wrong with the programming, can anyone help??

KBB, as you well know, i'm new to all this PID stuff (am waiting for the postie to deliver all my goodies) but how close to the set temp are you?

I am of the understanding that as the temp gets closer, the PID will drastically slow down the power to the elements so that it avoids overshooting? Are you real close to set value, or are you still a long way off?

There are about 40 thousand different settings on these things, apparently it wasn't sending enough power to the element.
It is still over shooting a little bit, I'll keep playing around and report my results.
It ramps like a mofo now...

There are about 40 thousand different settings on these things, apparently it wasn't sending enough power to the element.
It is still over shooting a little bit, I'll keep playing around and report my results.
It ramps like a mofo now...

If you changed the settings to make it ramp quicker, would you then need to re-auto tune it to minimise overshoot?

Retuned the auto, but still getting .4 of a degree overshoot.
I'm sure ill figure it out.

Retuned the auto, but still getting .4 of a degree overshoot.
I'm sure ill figure it out.

Please do mate, as i'm sure your findings will come in handy when i immediately struggle with the concept of operating my soon to be new controller. Keen to hear how you get on.

Back