Tequila beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ghizo

Reaction score
Just been to a Mexican restaurant and they had a beer Desperados it is a cerveza with tequila.
I am about to put down a cerveza and thought I might experiment, But don't want to try with a whole brew, I use kegs but get a couple of bottles as well, would it work if I added a nip of tequila to each bottle, or would it need to be added in the fermenter?

Adding a nip to each bottle will probably prevent yeast to carbonate it, and I think with that amount it would taste like shite anyways but that's my 2c.

Depending on how may bottles you have left over I'd try say 1/4... 1/2.. and a nip to each bottle and see how it goes, it will give you an idea of how it would work and in a mexican type beer there's not really too much flavour to hide behind so I don't imagine it will need much. I'd also go Gold Cuervo or something equally nice as well if it were me.

Why don't you pour yourself a beer, into a glass. Then add a nip of tequila in and give it a try... Then add another nip, and try again...and so on... I reckon it'll taste a bit rank.

Mind you, I've had a beergheritas and they were pretty good. It's just like a Margherita but with beer in it. I think the lime masked the flavour of the beer.

I'm just drinking a Saison style I concocted. The second 18lt (more aged) keg I added oak chips (1g per lt) pressure canned in 125ml Jack Daniels. Tasting now its pretty freakin good but I can not distinguish any Oak or Whiskey flavors at all but it did have powerfull flavors any way and its all nicely blended now.
Dont know if that may help at all.. :chug:

i don't recommend it but you could get some of that tequila essence from the HBS and chuck into the fermenter prior to bottling/kegging?

I had this drink while in France. Not bad, something different.

gold tequila.jpg
GFC07 said:
i don't recommend it but you could get some of that tequila essence from the HBS and chuck into the fermenter prior to bottling/kegging?
If you do go down this path, try Prestige Tequila Gold. May not be available everywhere. As for the dosage it would be trial and error, but one thing for sure it will taste like cactus.

Latest posts

Back