Temprite Vs Fridge For Chilling

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Dog Brewery

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am about to put an extension on my house in which I am intending to include a bar and switch to kegging. I have already purchased a temprite (and the rest of the Stuff) but since reading a few recent posts I am wondering if I would be better to move to a under bench freezer instead.
My concerns are around carbonating and maintaining carbonation. I will need to pre chill the beer prior to force carbonating and hence I would need to run the beer through the temprite first (as I dont have a fridge) to chill and then carbonate the keg. In itself thats not a big issue but then I have read that the Co2 will drop back out as it returns to room Temperature.

What have your experiences been (if any with using temprites) and which would you choose given the option.

Any pro's and cons would be appreciated.

Cheers BDB

It is always better to draw your beer straight from the fridge. Temprites and glycol chilled pythons were invented for applications where it is not practical to have the keg situated under the bar with the neccesary cooling equipment.

Back