Temperature When Brewing & Bottling

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhay

Reaction score
I'm at the stage of making my first brew in a Cooper's DIY kit.I'm concerned at temperature control as becaose of lack of room it will be done in the garage which is quite hot in summer.

I therefor question this will affect the brew and storage of bottles.

Any help would be appreciated

I'm at the stage of making my first brew in a Cooper's DIY kit.I'm concerned at temperature control as becaose of lack of room it will be done in the garage which is quite hot in summer.

I therefor question this will affect the brew and storage of bottles.

Any help would be appreciated
Hi...
There are some really handy articles on this web site that will help you.
here is an example.
new brewer info
Have a read.
The short answer is you will make beer , but it may not be drinkable , if you do it in a hot gatage.
One thing you could do is put your fermenter in a large clean tub, fill it with water , drape a towel over it and add a couple of frozen platics botttles of water every 12-24 hours.....
Read the above article.
Good luck
Ferg

Hi...
There are some really handy articles on this web site that will help you.
here is an example.
new brewer info
Have a read.
The short answer is you will make beer , but it may not be drinkable , if you do it in a hot gatage.
One thing you could do is put your fermenter in a large clean tub, fill it with water , drape a towel over it and add a couple of frozen platics botttles of water every 12-24 hours.....
Read the above article.
Good luck
Ferg

Due to a lack of a fermentation fridge (my wife won't let me have another fridge. :(), this is exactly what I do and it works pretty well. Even when the garage is close to 40 degrees in summer, I can keep my fermenter to around 20 degrees using the method above. No good if you want to do lagers, but fine for ales.

Google "swamp cooler", tons of info there.

Back