Temperature Controllers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is the supplier going to post them out or dreambot / hoops ?

10 express post 0.5kg bags are $61 for 10. is the whole package <0.5 kg ?

cheers

I am happy to transfer the cash for the controllers and then transfer the required postage when you know how much it is. I think it only costs something stupid like 50c for a transfer so its no big deal to me.

But yes I would not order them until you have money from everyone, 10 extra controllers could be hard to find a use for around the house :)

Should get a single unit in under 500g.... are those bags the padded bubble type?? They would be perfect for the job if they are.

Well, we will hold off until the end of tomorrow, at which time, I will send out accout details to everyone on the list for direct deposit of $84/unit, then I can let you know postage after I pack a couple up differently and take them to the post ofice to get a firm price.

edit... could you all please PM me with delivery addresses too.

dreamboat

I was thinking of a 2 stage controller as one that can control both a heating and cooling element.

kbekus said:
I was thinking of a 2 stage controller as one that can control both a heating and cooling element.
[post="75418"][/post]​

You would be after the XR30C then.

Sorry for the delay guys, had no internet access this weekend.

I'll take 2 as discussed before.

kbekus said:
[post="75418"][/post]​
Damn you kbekus, damn you for rousing my interest in the XR30C.

So the XR30C could run a fridge & heater?
If they are not much more they may be a much better choice for the fermenting fridge??? What do you think dreamboat?

Well this looks like the final order about to go in.
dreamboat is it worth looking into the XR30C as well? or just go with the XR10C?

Hoops 8
kook 2
jgriffin 2
JasonY 2
Plastic Man 2
Peter Shane 2
PhilS 1
barls 1
briank 1
kbekus 1
mobrien 1
apocrine 1
Sintax69 1
redbeard 1
hockadays 1
AndrewQLD 1

That 28 all up!!!

Hoops 8
kook 2
jgriffin 2
JasonY 2
Plastic Man 2
Peter Shane 2
PhilS 1
barls 1
briank 1
kbekus 1
mobrien 1
apocrine 1
Sintax69 1
redbeard 1
hockadays 1
BrissyBrew 1
AndrewQLD 1

That's 29

Time is running out.

Orders will be final when I log in to AHB tomorrow morning.

dreamboat

My finances were renegotiated & now can afford 2 :)
thanks for the organisation Hoops & Dreamboat

cheers

Hoops 8
kook 2
jgriffin 2
JasonY 2
Plastic Man 2
Peter Shane 2
PhilS 1
barls 1
briank 1
kbekus 1
mobrien 1
apocrine 1
Sintax69 1
redbeard 2
hockadays 1
BrissyBrew 1
AndrewQLD 1

That's 30 :super:

I spoke with controller bloke again, and he is not convinced that the XR30C will be the right model for the dual stage system of heating and cooling. He will look into it, and get back to me with what he considers to be the right model, and the price of it.

So... orders not quite closed and final...

dreamboat

thanks Dreamboat, the possibility of an additional type of controller for a fermenter cabinet (old fridge) is exciting.

Yeah i'd go one for heat / cold too. Good for running a bulb or heater in the fridge in winter.

Hi guys, I'll have to bail on my controller. I needed one reasonably urgently and have managed to get hold of a Johnson controller from a mate, that handles both heating and cooling.
Cheers

dreamboat if you are talking to your mate could you see if he can get a price on an extra probes
Just thinking of making it pluggable and having probes in the HLT Boiler mash etc

So... orders not quite closed and final...

dreamboat

If things are not finalised yet - can you put me down for one please

Thanks
Asher

Easy delete apocrine insert Asher B)

Back