Temperature Controllers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry , but count me out too. I already have one here I can't work out how to use.
But thanks for making the effort.

Cheers
Andrew

maybe you should send that one down to me and I'll "get rid of it" for you ;) ;)

err,dreamboat,if your going to take a photo of your box,dont post it here you scare the shit out of us all.. :lol: cheers spog (couldnt help myself)

Can you please put me down for one

never feared electricity it dont hertz that much plus that will go well with my bucket death brewer

BrissyBrew said:
What is the Primary Output Proportional Band (percentage of On/Off control) if you can not set the Hysteresis it might result in too much switching resulting in compressor burnout for fridges.
[post="73947"][/post]​

Brissy brew,

The XR10c has an anti short cycle setting default of 60secs but can be adjusted higher if need be.

Having said that it is still possible to achieve a 0.1 deg C differential depending on the application.

Remember these controllers are primarily built for fridges. Maybe not domestics normally but no compressor in the world likes being short cycled.

timmy said:
The XR10c has an anti short cycle setting default of 60secs but can be adjusted higher if need be.
[post="74012"][/post]​
Timmy

I currently have a Johnson Temp controller on my fermenting fridge. If power cuts out & back on again it won't turn the compressor on for a minute or 2. This sounds like the same function? If so that is really great :super: and I believe it stops the compressor starting up against a high pressure?

Hoops

hey dream boat put me down as a definite as we discussed mate

Hi Guys,
I have one of these controllers and they work just fine.
The one I have came with a wiring diagram and I think you can get one off the dixell web site, as you can all the other info.
To be sure, I just asked a fridgee before I hooked it all up.
I use mine mainly on a freezer to maintain lager temps.
Fear not fellow brewers as it is no harder to wire up than a EGO unit as is in the grow warm controller.
Cheers

Hoops said:
timmy said:
[post="74012"][/post]​
Timmy

I currently have a Johnson Temp controller on my fermenting fridge. If power cuts out & back on again it won't turn the compressor on for a minute or 2. This sounds like the same function? If so that is really great :super: and I believe it stops the compressor starting up against a high pressure?

Hoops
[post="74016"][/post]​

That's the delayed start function which serves a similar purpose, this can also be adjusted. The main thing about domestic fridges is most of them use a solid state relay in the start coil which means they need a minute or two to cool down so the sart windings can energise.
The pressures equalise pretty quickly, only a couple of seconds are needed to unload at startup.

I have a "Tobins 0-40C" controler and it works great to control my fridge. I was thinking that the controller in this forum would be good to control my HLT. As I see it at the moment it can be used as a temp monitor and temp controller. Some of the guys got frightened by the fact that it needs modification involving fitting a 240V lead etc. I like the price and the digital output.

The way I see it, I need exactly the same thing done as I did to my 0 - 40C Tobins controller. I followed the instructions that I got from the thread on this forum, and got a box fron Jaycar to fit it everything in. On completion, I took it to an electricion and asked him to check it out for safety. The result was OK and everybody is happy. Because it only took him a cursory check and a minute or so of his time to check it with his tester, he charged me nothing.

I have placed an order for one and at this stage it still stands.

:chug:
PeterS....

Just out of interest when is the cut off point before you place the order?

I'm interested, but I don't get paid until 1st September

Regards,
Phil

Batz said:
Hopsta said:
Sorry Dreamboat but if you could remove me from the bulk buy list pls, i was looking for more of a plug and play type unit not really keen on getting an electrician look at it etc... Thanks anyway.
[post="73963"][/post]​

Me too Dreamboat , I am a Fitter and Turner not a sparkie
Thanks for all your work mate but drop me from the list as well.

Batz :ph34r:
[post="73980"][/post]​

Well perhaps I will , I want to know the cost of everything...eg probe etc before I commit.

Batz

Count me in as a possibility for two. I'd like a bit more info though on total prices inc probe.

Price I gave is inclusive of a probe.... After talking with Hoops last week, I will chase up on the suitablility of the included probe for HLT/Mash type environment. The older units that I use have a different style of probe which has been fine for several years as HLT controller, but I cannot comment on the newer type. IF the probe appears to be not suited, I will get an optional additional price for a change in probe type. The standard probe will be fine for fridge use (but perhaps not if submerged in the fermenter)...It really is the sealing around the probe and its temperature limits which I will be checking on.

I am in no rush to finalise the order as I am not getting any myself, so closing date will be dictated by those who are buying.

Cheers
dreamboat

OK I'm now up to 6 (getting another 2 for a mate in our HB club).
So this is where we are at at the moment:

Definites = 16
Hoops x 6
mobrien x 1
Peter Shane x 1
briank x 1
AndrewQLD x 1
barls x 1
apocrine x1
Hopeye x2
Sintax69 x 1
kbekus x 1

Maybes = 5
JasonY x 1
kook x 2
Batz x1
briank x 1 (2nd controller)

If I have this wrong or have missed anyone please update the list to reflect what you want so we can get a better idea.

Hakko - the order probably wont go in for another week maybe?

I'm in for a maybe at this stage..

Definites = 16
Hoops x 6
mobrien x 1
Peter Shane x 1
briank x 1
AndrewQLD x 1
barls x 1
apocrine x1
Hopeye x2
Sintax69 x 1
kbekus x 1

Maybes = 6
JasonY x 1
kook x 2
Batz x1
briank x 1 (2nd controller)
hockadays x 1

sounds good Hoops, can you put me down for one as well to please?

From what I understand these units will be approx $100.00 including postage?

Thanks,
Phil

Latest posts

Back