Temp Sensor For 1v System

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Pratt

Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to find locally, eg NSW or Australia even, a sensor like this one in the photo? or something similar. it has a 1/2 inch thread and a 1.5 inch sensor, stainless steel and a detachable cable. this one i found in the USA but would prefer to buy locally if possible.

PT100_L4012NPT__1_.jpg

PT100_L4012NPTfit.jpg

Its for single vessel setup where the wort runs through a brown pump and recirculates to the top of the vessel. I intend to get the temp before entering the pump that transmits to a PID controller turning the heating element on/off.

cheers

Hi Pratty,
There's a place in Newcastle called D and N Engineering who manufacture thermocouples and RTD's, but i've no idea what they'd charge to make something like that. Ask for a 3 wire PT100 RTD, with either 1/2 inch BSP or NPT fitting if you decide to give them a call.
Cheers
Dan

Cheers, I called d & n today and they are doing up a price. Also checked the website for oceans but couldnt quite find that type.

Cheers, I called d & n today and they are doing up a price. Also checked the website for oceans but couldnt quite find that type.

Hey mate im keen to know the price if you can get it, this thread is answering a question I had in another thread.

Hey mate im keen to know the price if you can get it, this thread is answering a question I had in another thread.

When I find out I will post it. From the USA they are about 55 dollars inc. std postage from auberins.com but are not back in stock till August and could take about a month for postage.
With a little luck the Newcastle version is less than that.
Auberins have different postage rates that are the price if not double of the unit it's self.

i head back from the engineering place locally and they were pretty upfront at the cost for a similar item. they would be about $100 each at least.

I am now considering importing a few to onsell?

Well im glad i tried locally before shopping abroad.

i head back from the engineering place locally and they were pretty upfront at the cost for a similar item. they would be about $100 each at least.

Yeah the local companies couldn't be farked dealing with us 'pain in the arse' customers

One place wanted $20 postage to stick an rtd probe in a ******* envelope

So I ended up buying the exact same shit from China for 2 ******* dollars inc. delivery

Post your onsell price or PM me pratty. I am setting up an Aubins temp controller and could use a better temp probe.
Drew

I would be looking at $55 each that would include postage to anywhere in Australia, does that sound reasonable?

Dan

I would definitely be interested at that price Pratty

For those keen to get one too, we are researching some more before the buy in. Will post the progress, and should get an order done within ten days. B)

Latest posts

Back