temp logging

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes, Ive wired up to a serial port, but for my notebook Im using an USB to serial converter. Anyway, the temp probes are connected to a cinch jack and the serial 9 pin plug with a cinch socket. So I may disconnect and exchange the temp probe.
In case when Im going to measure many temps at the same time, Im using a cinch manyfold....connected to the serial port.

The program detects the temp probe and reads the serial number of the Dallas and writes a log file for each temp probe. Also you may assign different colours for the probes, so its easier to read the results.

Sorry for dragging up a 5+ year old thread....but Doc directed me here from another thread (the fermenter coolroom thread) and I didn't want to hijack the other thread for this discussion.

Good to see this is still working after 5+ years! Can I ask Doc what you are using for a temp probe? Im planning on using a couple of DS18S20 temp sensors to build a couple of probes, one for wort temp (inside fermenter) and another for ambient temp.

I don't think the 18S20 was avail when I built mine.
I built mine on the 1621. This the circuit I built and the software I use to get the temp.
Everything after that I wrote in PHP/SQL/VBScript.

Beers,
DR

It has been a few years since I added any new functionality to my temp monitoring stuff.
Well this arvo that all changed.

My Brewshed and Fermentation Coolroom now tweet their current temps to Twitter.
If you are on Twitter and want to follow, here is the link

And before anyone asks, it is because I can.

Beers,
Doc

It has been a few years since I added any new functionality to my temp monitoring stuff.
Well this arvo that all changed.

My Brewshed and Fermentation Coolroom now tweet their current temps to Twitter.
If you are on Twitter and want to follow, here is the link

And before anyone asks, it is because I can.

Beers,
Doc

That is what brewing is all about, isnt it?

I'll support your "because I can", and add "and why not."

great work

daniel

That is what brewing is all about, isnt it?

I'll support your "because I can", and add "and why not."

great work

daniel

Absol-dam-lutely.
And I've now changed the schedule to hourly. Every 30 minutes was just too regular and filling up my Friends timeline.

Doc

G'day All,

I've just got the AG bug back after a brief exit from the brewing scene. I was happy to read that others have been messing around with electronics/nerd stuff and brewing.

I am currently working on a complete temperature control system for my brewery I have utilsed a PIC controller board with a graphical LCD and 5 DS18S20 temp probes. I have written some routines in Pic Basic to control a motorised Ball valve for mash recirc and solid state relays for element control. I have had a bit of a play around with VB, interfaced to the PIC via RS232, it's crude but it works. Now all that I have to do is get it out of the prototype stage and into the brewery, I also need to put the rest of the world on pause so I can find time to do it!

Anyway, sorry I don't have anything to contribute to this thread, I was just happy to see others doing what I am trying to do.

Cheers

Hawkesy

Latest posts

Back