Temp dilemma - panic!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

einnebcj

Reaction score
Hi guys

Put down Docs Bavarian Weizen last night and now I've chucked it into the fermenter ready to pitch the Danstar Munich but in my haste I tipped it from the pot (20 litre stovetop) into the fermenter and didn't realise the temp of the wort is still around 25 degrees.....it's been 38 here today. I can't pull it down any further and it's going to be same temp tomorrow.........what do I do? Pitch anyway or run the risk of infection and leave it for at least 24 hours - change will be in by then and I can maybe pull the temp down to 21 with a bag of ice in a tub or something. Not really sure what to do.....?

I reckon it won't be too bad at all but if your concerned do the tub and ice thing.

Got it down to 23......think ill give it a go. Got 7L of water in the freezer to put in the tub tomorrow morning. Really wished I'd got that STC sorted about now!!!!

Just got myself an STC last week, I've yet to use it though. Also got another fridge, the Mrs finally said ok to that. Happy as a pig in shit. :)

Place frozen bottles around the FV then wrap a beach towel and a doonah round the whole lot. Beach Towel to avoid staining the doonah with condensation. Far better insulated than the tub and ice method which is sucking in heat from the room just as much as it's sucking heat in from the brew. Stick a hat on it and a carrot for a nose and it looks like frosty the snowman.

Back