Temp Controllers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linz

Reaction score
Bought these.... Temp_controllers.jpg

Do I just hook up the probe, power and the devise( one will be pump and other 10 lt urn)on the back of these???

Cant wait for HERMAN to be born

Do I just hook up the probe, power and the devise( one will be pump and other 10 lt urn)on the back of these???

Linz.
If you post a picture of the connection diagrams or even just some makes and part numbers, then I am sure I can help.

Also I will need to know the type of probe you are using eg thermocoulpe (there are lots of types of these) or pt100,

May I also inquire as to weather these were expencive as they do look it. I have two controlers at the moment but am looking for another.

regards Crazy

See if you can find a manual on them off the net-it's easy to find omron ones for example. Obviously you'll need the model no. etc. In fact a manual would nearly be essential to run one in my opinion so you know how to navigate all the menus and set the parameters of it.

Plus a manual will give you all the details of which temp probe to use, which output type you have-usually a relay set up but the amp rating of the relay would be helpful as you may need to employ a secondary set of solid state relays possibly (sometimes they have a DC output designed to run a solid state relay direct, various outputs are possible on these controllers-you really need to know which one you have). It will also give you the wiring instructions. I'd find out the relay rating before trying to run something like an element but the pump should be fine.

Some controllers have a wiring diagram sticker on the back of them that shows you your probe type, input power and relay/output info but not all of them do. This may be enough to get you going but my guess is you will have trouble trying to navigate the menu to work out how to set your set temp. See how you go searching for one.

Good luck.

P.S. Would like some of these myself but I havent commited to one yet because I haven't found a price I'd be happy with.

It had this in the description.....

"Two (2) Nice Working Takeouts Foxboro 718TC-7123 1/8 DIN 4-Digit Temperature Controllers With Universal Inputs and Local Set Points.

Supply: 100 To 240V AC

Output: 1 mA Output, 3 Relays, 2 Digital Inputs and Auxilliary Power Supply for Transmitters"

Does that make a difference

the TC in the part number sounds like they ate thermocouple jobs but no guarantee

I have worked with ots of temp controllers but have never heard of these.

1mA output sounds wrong

Its not 4-20mA is it.

the relay outputs are what you want id say

As said already, do a srarch on the brand name on the net and try to find a service agent. They might be able to help you with details

good luck mate..

tony

Back