Temp Control

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ash2

Reaction score
HI Brewmasters,Its time i got myself 1 old fridge & 1 temp controller can you tell me what is the best temp controller & how to set it up,{pics would help}+ do you bottle from the fridge or do you take the FV out of the fridge to bottle . :( :(

ebay the stc-1000 240V

i take the fermenter out and sit it on the bench top

Here is the best install video that I have seen on the STC-1000

Last edited by a moderator:
BrewAdelaide has STC-1000's for cheap, plus you dont have to wait 3 years for shipping like some yum-cha sellers on ebay.

Google on how to wire it up - piss easy

IMG_0957.JPG

HI Brewmasters,Its time i got myself 1 old fridge & 1 temp controller can you tell me what is the best temp controller & how to set it up,{pics would help}+ do you bottle from the fridge or do you take the FV out of the fridge to bottle . :( :(

After fermentation I cold condition my fermenter (drop it to 1-2C for 4-7 days) so all the yeast and particles drop to the bottom. (Dont worry you will still have enough yeast for bottle conditioning unless you cold conditioned for a few weeks or more. Then I pull it out of the fridge the night before bottling day and let it warm up to room temperature. Just so the yeasties are awake and ready to rock when they hit the sugar in the bottle.

Some peeps put the temp probe from the stc1000 into a bottle of water in the fridge. I just tape it to the side of the fermenter and cover it with some foam or bubble wrap to insulate it from the fridge air temps.

What are the LEDs for?
Green for cooling, red for heating

Not really needed but i can see it lit up from my kitchen (all my gear is in the garage) - besides they were like $2 each from jaycar

I found this diagram very useful when I first looked into this.

stc1000.png

Latest posts

Back