Temp Control Units Have A Look!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delboy

Reaction score
ok lads found this company on ebay usa they sell these digital temp controlers with thermocouplers and books + tech data sheets .from what the guy told me and the info pack he sent these would be a great buy for refer / freezer control and seems they will do even boiler and hlt control .coolroom and full micro brewery control when two used .
he tells me that they are 45 us dollars ea and 24 us dollars to get them here and he also told me that bulk buys to keep the postage cost down is not a problem either ?

so here are the links to him and the links to his products range .
not knowing to much about these but they are suitable for australian conditions 230 vac at 50-60htz also the are auto ranging and set up in the viltage area as well.they look very simple and are well cost effective
(Universal Digital PID Temperature Control Controller Item number: 7562829657)

http://stores.ebay.com/id=58475707&ssPageN...I:SIB:StoreView

this fella is very promt and helpfull i think i am going to get one for my fermenting fridge @69 dollars US delivered (best ive seen as for display and programming)thats works out at 94.33 dollars AU delivered with a temp probe as well and a 12 moth warrentee .gee thats not bad i thought
here s the book in pfd format as well
delboy

4b_2.jpg

View attachment tet_7100_pid.pdf

Nice looking unit, I didn't see any ratings for the output, you may have to combine it with a solid state relay, does it come with a thermocouple?

yep come with one thermocoupler
has two out put stages 1 relay stage and 1 ssr stage both can be used with high current add on solidstate relays i belive

ssr is 10v open 40mv closed
the info is all in the pfd file i belive .

delboy

PID-wise it's a little hard to argue with the price, that's for sure. :eek:

Warren -

I'm most probably in for 2 at that price ;-)

Let me know if you're going to do a BB.

Andy

ok lads the tempcontolers.
i will ask them if they will dome a special if i do a bulk buy of ten or more and see how they fair with postage as well then what i could do is get them sent to me and then post them off to you guys at the buy price landed here + postage from me to you. how dose that sound ?
i recon they will still come out around the 90 buck mark though !

delboy .
give me a few weeks get xmas out of the way and we will do a bulk buy i recon.

delboy

Caution needed on duty and GST Delboy.

10X $90= $900 +5% duty+10% GST

Not far off needing a formal import declaration and whatever else you needed to get stuff into the country GST/duty free. I forgot the specifics now but theres a bit more to it.

Keep the orders under $300 AUD and you'll avoid the above.

Cheers, Justin

Hi DelBoy

Justin raises a good point. If the goods are being delivered via post (ie not a courier), then your limit before you need to make a formal declaration and pay duty is $1000 Australian. That includes the cost of the goods, postage and any insurance. Over $1000 and it's a PITA plus you're up for the extra cost of a broker, GST and duty.

Cheers
MAH

thanks guys i am glad someone pointed that out .
what i will do is arrange with the guy in the states to do sales via individuals this means get ten or even twenty AHB members together and give him the list of partisipants AHB handels pf course so he uses this as a reference .and they can do ther own purchase and that way he ships to the individuals but it is still a bulk order ,
i am sure that would work <_<

del

Back