Techniice Sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your not in a hurry I'd suggest buying from their ebay store, I picked up an 80L one for $76 + 45 p&h. I've seen them go for about the same often, took me a week of bidding to score one :)

Edit: That site has had those prices for quite some time, still cheap if you ask me so either way your winning

Yeah old news.
Search techni to check out some AHB rigs using these. They are cool. We have used a big bugger.for our colaboration brew days. However if u get a massive one just remember to utilise it's capacity or you end up with a lot of dead space and massive temp drops.

If your not in a hurry I'd suggest buying from their ebay store, I picked up an 80L one for $76 + 45 p&h. I've seen them go for about the same often, took me a week of bidding to score one :)

Edit: That site has had those prices for quite some time, still cheap if you ask me so either way your winning

+1 and i got the 80ltr just as cheap as the 60ltr (one of there shops is cheaper might be evilbay), thought it was too big! i was wrong the 80 is
perfect, it does 20ltr up to my capacity 40ltr ( i think it will do a 50ltr easily combined with the beerbelly mash screen)with a 1c temp drop over
an hour. i do recommend them but clean them with a soft sponge.

i love them got 2 a 70 and 60. got the 70 for fishing and i have huge 150L from another company and the finishes isn't as flash.

I bought the 120l a couple of months ago and converted it into a mash tun. Just big enough for my 84l batches.

However if u get a massive one just remember to utilise it's capacity or you end up with a lot of dead space and massive temp drops.

Do you use alfoil or something on top to avoid temp drop. I do if I'm doing a 35L in 60L esky, I do this and it avoids temp drops in an oversized mash tun.

Goomba

Do you use alfoil or something on top to avoid temp drop. I do if I'm doing a 35L in 60L esky, I do this and it avoids temp drops in an oversized mash tun.

Goomba
It's brendo's. He's tried that before but his is a 150L from memory and he has struggled with the deadspace still. it's not a huge issues ESP if u use a herms or rims just something to be aware of. Unless u but a huge one specifically for huge batches then your sweet.

Back