Tcb - New "wet-pak"

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deebee,

Yep that's me on the Grumpy's site. Thanks for the reply. Fair enough not wanting to spruik a competitors product on their site. I'd never seen or heard of it so was just interested and wasn't really thinking of 'brands' if you know what I mean. Sounds like an interesting setup. I'm still just steeping and straining from a separate saucepan into my boiler at the moment. Fairly agricultural I guess but it seems to work OK so far. Always thought the 'muslin' bag sounded like a bit of a hassle to organise/sanitise etc. How do you find it from that perspective?

Big D,

Sorry to hear you've been crook mate. Get well soon.

Shawn.

thanks fellas.im on the mend but a bit tender down below.not enough to stop me putting down that deliverance sierra nevada pale ale this morning.hey deebee i opened up the muslin bag and found it also packed with hop flowers.pretty impressed with what roy from twoc hbs puts together.
i didnt add any extras as i decided to see how it is straight up.
just used a coopers 1.5kg lme can and safale s04 yeast
now the waiting begins to see how it turns out.

Big D, let us know how she goes.

Gough, muslin is handy. Make a big teabag and it takes out all the hassle of straining. Easy to "sparge" by just dunking the teabag in another litre or less of hot water. Don't worry about sterilisation coz the liquor goes in the boil after steeping.

Then empty the grains in the compost, turn the bag inside out for a quick rinse and clean (could put it in the washing machine) and it's ready for use again.

Fair enough, might have to give it a go.

Shawn.

i hate the way grumpies do their grains in the mbrews but with my bucket in bucket i have been using for my mashes it would be easier anyway i do part mashes now so i dont have to worry about it

big d
hope your feeling better

i too only have heard ravings about the american pale ale,
so i brought it but have not put it down yet.
hope to in the next couple of days, sat at the latest.
will let you know how it goes.

cheers
crackers

thanks crackers.i reckon i will place an order next pay day.im itching to try this brew even put it down with an american ale 2 wyeast.

Back